Mitochondria

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
SherylT
Contributor
Contributor

Mitochondria

Post by SherylT »

Hi
I have problems with mitochondria. Lately Life and energy feels it’s being sucked away more than before. I want to sleep or lay down most of the time. It concerns how much it is effecting my organs and body. Any tips to get this functioning better. Is having such a drastic change recently That I can’t seem to function from feeling exhausted is it something else that goes wrong when you have apoe4/e4 mthfr genes?
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Re: Mitochondria

Post by TheresaB »

SherylT wrote:Hi
I have problems with mitochondria. Lately Life and energy feels it’s being sucked away more than before. I want to sleep or lay down most of the time. It concerns how much it is effecting my organs and body. Any tips to get this functioning better. Is having such a drastic change recently That I can’t seem to function from feeling exhausted is it something else that goes wrong when you have apoe4/e4 mthfr genes?
You may want to explore Dr Teri Wahls and her book The Wahls Protocol, she also has an accompanying cookbook. Dr Wahls' story is amazing, she was diagnosed with MS (a neurodegenerative disease), ended up in a tilt recline wheelchair, but fought back largely through diet that addressed her mitochondria. She has been out of the wheelchair, walking, riding her bike, and doing much better for a number of years now.

Minding your mitochondria | Dr. Terry Wahls | TEDxIowaCity

We have a podcast with her:
Terry Wahls, MD: Heal Neurodegeneration w/ Paleo Principles

We also have a wiki on Mitochondria that discusses her and the Mitochondria Cascade Hypothesis of Alzheimer's as well as other areas of interest:
Mitochondria
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
SherylT
Contributor
Contributor

Post by SherylT »

Thank you for all the info
NewRon
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by NewRon »

You could also look at red and near infra red light.

https://youtu.be/_XA9rXDjRe0

This is a good introduction (focused on TBI but otherwise informative) from one of the leading researchers, recently retired from Harvard.
Apo E4/E4, Male, Age 60
Matisse
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Matisse »

SherylT wrote:Hi
I would suggest you see your doctor and perhaps get a physical and some routine blood tests done to rule out other health issues. Your considerable fatigue could be caused by something unrelated to apoe4/4 and mthfr genes.
SherylT
Contributor
Contributor

Post by SherylT »

Thank you