Question about Keto

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
slinkystrudels
Contributor
Contributor

Question about Keto

Post by slinkystrudels »

So I’ve just found an amazing app that has tonnes of recipes and counts macros for me etc ( perfect as I am a complete beginner !) BUT I have a question and I can’t seem to find the answer via Google.

With keto , do you NEED to hit the target macros every day ?? e.g I was 3g over on my carb limit but way under on my daily targets for fat & protein .

I have some weight to lose which will take around 3-6 months I think so I’m purposely cutting back on total calories at the moment .

Thanks in advance 😊
41years old from bonnie Scotland. 4/4 ....
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Re: Question about Keto

Post by Tincup »

slinkystrudels wrote: With keto , do you NEED to hit the target macros every day ?? e.g I was 3g over on my carb limit but way under on my daily targets for fat & protein .
One area where folks seem to have problems with keto is with consuming too much fat. While fat will increase the ketone reading on your meter, what you want is to encourage your body to prioritize using your body fat for fuel, if overweight. Prioritizing nutrient density and protein will help accomplish this. Not saying you need to eat a ton of protein just prioritize it. 3 g of carbs should not make a difference.

Do you check your blood sugar? See this.
Tincup
E3,E4