New member with some questions...

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
Sara Barthel
Contributor
Contributor

Re: New member with some questions...

Post by Sara Barthel »

TJH wrote:Thank you so much for responding! We do sound a lot alike.
Sara Barthel wrote:
TJH wrote: For me, I also make sure that I'm monitoring my vitamin levels (particularly B vitamins) and am taking methylated forms of the B vitamins in addition to monitoring my homocysteine levels. I also pay out of pocket for blood testing every year or so for labs through Vibrant America (Neural Zoomer and Wheat Zoomer for intestinal permeability because that and blood-brain-barrier permeability seem to be closely related).
Do you monitor your vitamin/homocysteine levels by testing at your Dr regularly? Also, could you explain a bit more about blood-brain barrier permeability?
I have calls in to three functional dr's (one of whom is Bredesen trained) and am hoping for some forward momentum in the coming weeks.
Absolutely! I just try to get a basic CBC each year and add on homocysteine which gives insight into my B vitamin status, or Vibrant America also has a micronutrient panel I like. Since I know I have autoimmunity (Hashimoto's), I'm particularly aware that this disease progress has been triggered in me, making me more likely to get other autoimmune diseases. The Neural Zoomer Plus tests 48 autoantibodies associated with neurological autoimmunity and cognitive decline. Of course, we know that cognitive decline results from decades of having so many 'holes in the roof' so I try to also be conscious of sleep, stress, chemicals etc. The more I learn, the more I realize there is truly no one size fits all but the more encouraged I am to have this information as early as I do!