Covid Vaccines and Dr. Bredesen's Type III Inflammatory

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Posts: 5232
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:43 am

Covid Vaccines and Dr. Bredesen's Type III Inflammatory

Postby circular » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:39 pm

I don't think my vaccine side effect is related to my E4 necessarily so I've started a Covid vaccine thread from a different angle. How are others doing who have a history of MCAS, mold and the like?

I suffered chronic fatigue syndrome in the past for five or six years but did not have it for the last five to six years. I'm three weeks from my second Moderna shot and I've had a resurgence of the same chronic fatigue issues I used to have ever since I got it. It's very discouraging! I was recently tested for 39 local enviromental allergens and wasn't allergic to any of them and my IgE was normal, so I don't think it's coincidental seasonal allergies, and it feels worse than allergies anyway. Anyone else?
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.

buck3Maureen
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Posts: 206
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:14 pm

Re: Covid Vaccines and Dr. Bredesen's Type III Inflammatory

Postby buck3Maureen » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:35 pm

Hi Circular,
I have not gotten the vaccine, so I can't speak from personal experience, but most of my same aged relatives and friends have, and almost all have sailed through it without any problems at all. I say almost all, because a couple of them are concerning, and they are not being counted in the serious side effect numbers that are being reported. The point being, that these vaccines are new and we are all different. So listen to your body.

THe worst case was a close friend of ours who is in his 60's. In the past he has gotten bell's palsy after a flu shot. Again no proof that the shot caused it and fortunately he recovered. After his second COVID shot he was very very sick throwing up and dizzy. He then had a stroke. Again this could be a coincidence. They did not report it as a COVID vaccine side effect. He is out of the hospital and seems to be recovering.
Maureen

circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Posts: 5232
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:43 am

Re: Covid Vaccines and Dr. Bredesen's Type III Inflammatory

Postby circular » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:18 am

buck3Maureen wrote:Hi Circular,
I have not gotten the vaccine, so I can't speak from personal experience, but most of my same aged relatives and friends have, and almost all have sailed through it without any problems at all. I say almost all, because a couple of them are concerning, and they are not being counted in the serious side effect numbers that are being reported. The point being, that these vaccines are new and we are all different. So listen to your body.

THe worst case was a close friend of ours who is in his 60's. In the past he has gotten bell's palsy after a flu shot. Again no proof that the shot caused it and fortunately he recovered. After his second COVID shot he was very very sick throwing up and dizzy. He then had a stroke. Again this could be a coincidence. They did not report it as a COVID vaccine side effect. He is out of the hospital and seems to be recovering.
Maureen

Thanks Maureen. I was really thrown for a loop because all the reports I heard were so good, except for a couple days of the more common symptoms. I looked at a Reddit forum for Moderna recipients and it's clear I'm not alone. There was also there an account of a very serious seeming reaction that led to this woman's father's death. Of course I can't weigh in on it, but judging by her account the event the least is something that calls for scrutiny. The cause of death was also not stated as related to the vaccine.

I guess the good thing is that in my case I know at some point it can resolve.
Last edited by circular on Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.

User avatar
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Posts: 2899
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:33 am
Location: Western Colorado

Re: Covid Vaccines and Dr. Bredesen's Type III Inflammatory

Postby SusanJ » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:28 am

circular wrote:I'm three weeks from my second Moderna shot and I've had a resurgence of the same chronic fatigue issues I used to have ever since I got it. It's very discouraging!


About 10 days after my second Moderna shot, I had a couple of days of fatigue and headaches. I wrote it off to allergies, since the trees were hard at it in the area. But, a couple weeks later I wondered if it was the shot because pollen was still high, but I didn't have the same symptoms. Now I definitely wonder based on what you said. That said, those symptoms are gone and I seem to be okay.

Hang in there!

User avatar
TheBrain
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Posts: 1381
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:12 pm

Re: Covid Vaccines and Dr. Bredesen's Type III Inflammatory

Postby TheBrain » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:01 am

circular wrote:I don't think my vaccine side effect is related to my E4 necessarily so I've started a Covid vaccine thread from a different angle. How are others doing who have a history of MCAS, mold and the like?

I suffered chronic fatigue syndrome in the past for five or six years but did not have it for the last five to six years. I'm three weeks from my second Moderna shot and I've had a resurgence of the same chronic fatigue issues I used to have ever since I got it. It's very discouraging! I was recently tested for 39 local enviromental allergens and wasn't allergic to any of them and my IgE was normal, so I don't think it's coincidental seasonal allergies, and it feels worse than allergies anyway. Anyone else?


I haven’t had the vaccine, so I can’t speak to your question. I just want to say I’m sorry you’ve experienced a resurgence of chronic fatigue issues. I hope you recover soon.

P.S. I’d suggest doing a search using DuckDuckGo.com (not Google) on the following and explore what you find: long haul covid and ivermectin
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!

circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Posts: 5232
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:43 am

Re: Covid Vaccines and Dr. Bredesen's Type III Inflammatory

Postby circular » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:57 pm

SusanJ wrote:
circular wrote:I'm three weeks from my second Moderna shot and I've had a resurgence of the same chronic fatigue issues I used to have ever since I got it. It's very discouraging!


About 10 days after my second Moderna shot, I had a couple of days of fatigue and headaches. I wrote it off to allergies, since the trees were hard at it in the area. But, a couple weeks later I wondered if it was the shot because pollen was still high, but I didn't have the same symptoms. Now I definitely wonder based on what you said. That said, those symptoms are gone and I seem to be okay.

Hang in there!

I'm glad the effect hasn't stuck with you Susan! :)
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.

circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Posts: 5232
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:43 am

Re: Covid Vaccines and Dr. Bredesen's Type III Inflammatory

Postby circular » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:10 pm

TheBrain wrote:
circular wrote:I don't think my vaccine side effect is related to my E4 necessarily so I've started a Covid vaccine thread from a different angle. How are others doing who have a history of MCAS, mold and the like?

I suffered chronic fatigue syndrome in the past for five or six years but did not have it for the last five to six years. I'm three weeks from my second Moderna shot and I've had a resurgence of the same chronic fatigue issues I used to have ever since I got it. It's very discouraging! I was recently tested for 39 local enviromental allergens and wasn't allergic to any of them and my IgE was normal, so I don't think it's coincidental seasonal allergies, and it feels worse than allergies anyway. Anyone else?


I haven’t had the vaccine, so I can’t speak to your question. I just want to say I’m sorry you’ve experienced a resurgence of chronic fatigue issues. I hope you recover soon.

P.S. I’d suggest doing a search using DuckDuckGo.com (not Google) on the following and explore what you find: long haul covid and ivermectin

Thanks Brain, me too. Some days and hours are better than others so that's good and gives me hope that this won't last too long. Meanwhile I'm adding some supplements (ubiquinol, creatine, higher DHA and iron), increasing vit c and melatonin, and planning my first massage in about five years … goodness knows I can use that! Unfortunately my lymph massage therapist, whom I haven't seen for some years now but may have been part of my recovery from ME/CFS the first time, is booked through Aug 2 (!).

Anyhow, I looked up Ivermectin and it seems to have mixed coverage, which I confess I've only skimmed for now. One article said:
Interest in ivermectin for covid-19 surged last spring after a small Australian study found that the drug inhibited the replication of the coronavirus in laboratory tests.

This leads me to think that its mechanism might not be that useful for my issue, since I don't have a replicating virus in me. I think it's more like an immune dysregulation, where my immune system does a find job but forgets to turn itself all the way off. Really don't know for sure though.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.

User avatar
TheBrain
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Posts: 1381
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:12 pm

Re: Covid Vaccines and Dr. Bredesen's Type III Inflammatory

Postby TheBrain » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:54 am

TheBrain wrote:P.S. I’d suggest doing a search using DuckDuckGo.com (not Google) on the following and explore what you find: long haul covid and ivermectin


My apologies but I can’t get the quoting to show up properly for your text. I have no idea what I’m doing wrong. I’ve taken too long a break from posting on this forum!

[quote=“circular”]Thanks Brain, me too. Some days and hours are better than others so that's good and gives me hope that this won't last too long. Meanwhile I'm adding some supplements (ubiquinol, creatine, higher DHA and iron), increasing vit c and melatonin, and planning my first massage in about five years … goodness knows I can use that! Unfortunately my lymph massage therapist, whom I haven't seen for some years now but may have been part of my recovery from ME/CFS the first time, is booked through Aug 2 (!).

Anyhow, I looked up Ivermectin and it seems to have mixed coverage, which I confess I've only skimmed for now. One article said: “Interest in ivermectin for covid-19 surged last spring after a small Australian study found that the drug inhibited the replication of the coronavirus in laboratory tests.”

This leads me to think that its mechanism might not be that useful for my issue, since I don't have a replicating virus in me. I think it's more like an immune dysregulation, where my immune system does a find job but forgets to turn itself all the way off. Really don't know for sure though.[/quote]

Adding those supplements and getting massages sound like great strategies. I hope they are the answer for you.

I don’t mean to come off as I’m trying to push ivermectin on you, but it’s been censored by “the powers that be” as an effective treatment for Covid. It’s fine, of course, if you’re not interested in pursuing this option, but I’d like to include the following for others who might come across this post.

This excerpt comes from pages 16-17 in a PDF article titled Review of the Emerging Evidence Demonstrating the Efficacy of Ivermectin in the Prophylaxis and Treatment of COVID-19. It’s available at https://covid19criticalcare.com/wp-cont ... VID-19.pdf.

Ivermectin in post-COVID-19 syndrome
Increasing reports of persistent, vexing, and even disabling symptoms after recovery from acute COVID-19 have been reported and which many have termed the condition as “long Covid” and patients as “long haulers”, estimated to occur in approximately 10% of cases (Callard and Perego, 2020;Rubin, 2020;Siegelman, 2020). Generally considered as a post-viral syndrome consisting of a chronic and sometimes disabling constellation of symptoms which include, in order, fatigue, shortness of breath, joint pains and chest pain. Many patients describe their most disabling symptom as impaired memory and concentration, often with extreme fatigue, described as “brain fog”, and are highly suggestive of the condition myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome, a condition well-reported to begin after viral infections, in particular with Epstein-Barr virus. Although no specific treatments have been identified for long COVID, a recent manuscript by Aguirre-Chang et al from the National University of San Marcos in Peru reported on the experience with ivermectin in such patients (Aguirre-Chang, 2020). They treated 33 patients who were between 4 and 12 weeks from the onset of symptoms with escalating doses of ivermectin; 0.2mg/kg for 2 days if mild, 0.4mg/kg for 2 days if moderate, with doses extended if symptoms persisted. They found that in 87.9% of the patients, resolution of all symptoms was observed after two doses with an additional 7% reporting complete resolution after additional doses. Their experience suggests the need for controlled studies to better test efficacy in this vexing syndrome.
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!

circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Posts: 5232
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:43 am

Re: Covid Vaccines and Dr. Bredesen's Type III Inflammatory

Postby circular » Thu May 06, 2021 4:13 pm

circular wrote:Meanwhile I'm adding some supplements (ubiquinol, creatine, higher DHA and iron), increasing vit c and melatonin, and planning my first massage in about five years … goodness knows I can use that!

I just thought I'd follow up on this.

I haven't worked out a massage. My old lymphatic therapist is booked into August.

However, something in the additional supplements seems to be helping a lot, or my improvement is just coincidence. I didn't stay on the DHA because supplementing that wrecks my joints. I also stopped the creatine due to side effects. I didn't stay on the doubled melatonin either, since it made no difference to sleep. So that left ubiquinol and iron as possibly beneficial. I saw my primary care doctor today, who is an allopathic physician, and she surprised me by looking me straight in the eyes and saying she wouldn't be at all surprised if the ubiquinol helped the fatigue. She encouraged me to stay on it. We're double checking my iron panel to see whether I should continue that. We agreed that iron isn't something to play around with and have go too high, but my ferritin is low normal, so I may have room to benefit from intermittant iron supplementation.

I would say I'm still a somewhat more vulnerable to having "dips" and brain fog than I was before the second vaccine shot, but I'm much better overall for whatever reason(s).
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.

User avatar
TheBrain
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Posts: 1381
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:12 pm

Re: Covid Vaccines and Dr. Bredesen's Type III Inflammatory

Postby TheBrain » Sat May 08, 2021 9:39 am

circular wrote:I would say I'm still a somewhat more vulnerable to having "dips" and brain fog than I was before the second vaccine shot, but I'm much better overall for whatever reason(s).


I'm so glad you're much better overall!
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!


Return to “Our Stories”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests