Covid Vaccines and Dr. Bredesen's Type III Inflammatory

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Covid Vaccines and Dr. Bredesen's Type III Inflammatory

Post by circular »

TheBrain wrote:
circular wrote:I would say I'm still a somewhat more vulnerable to having "dips" and brain fog than I was before the second vaccine shot, but I'm much better overall for whatever reason(s).
I'm so glad you're much better overall!
Well that was then and this is now :lol: I'm not doing so well again. I have to evaluate the side effects of ubiqinone and I also started pycnolgenol. Things that lower blood pressure can do me in because my BP is already very low normal. Or, the improvement was a mirage. Or, … Whatever, I guess I can just say that I haven't been the same since the second shot, having ups and downs, but clearly fewer up days than I'm used to, and worse down days than I'm used to.

Thanks for the cheerleading though Brain!
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TheBrain »

circular wrote:
TheBrain wrote:
circular wrote:I would say I'm still a somewhat more vulnerable to having "dips" and brain fog than I was before the second vaccine shot, but I'm much better overall for whatever reason(s).
I'm so glad you're much better overall!
Well that was then and this is now :lol: I'm not doing so well again. I have to evaluate the side effects of ubiqinone and I also started pycnolgenol. Things that lower blood pressure can do me in because my BP is already very low normal. Or, the improvement was a mirage. Or, … Whatever, I guess I can just say that I haven't been the same since the second shot, having ups and downs, but clearly fewer up days than I'm used to, and worse down days than I'm used to.

Thanks for the cheerleading though Brain!
Well, shoot. Hopefully, it's been two steps forward, one step back instead of a mirage, which would only confuse matters. In truth, it's all confusing!
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

TheBrain wrote:
circular wrote:
TheBrain wrote:In truth, it's all confusing!
:lol: That pretty much sums up my conclusions after 5-10 years of this (I've lost track!). I admire others for their certainty on many interventions, but all I come up with is contradictory material any way I look at something.

Today I was reading about how to avoid confirmation bias. It focused on how critical it is to actively pursue many questions that you know could lead to a conclusion opposite of the way you're thinking about something. Honestly, we'd all need at least 100 hour days with nothing else to do to accomplish it.

But I'm pretty comfortable saying that sugar and processed foods are bad while exercise, meditation of some sort, sleep and being outdoors are good :D
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SusanJ »

circular wrote:But I'm pretty comfortable saying that sugar and processed foods are bad while exercise, meditation of some sort, sleep and being outdoors are good
And at the end of the day, maybe that's good enough and the rest is just noise. ;)
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TheBrain »

SusanJ wrote:
circular wrote:But I'm pretty comfortable saying that sugar and processed foods are bad while exercise, meditation of some sort, sleep and being outdoors are good
And at the end of the day, maybe that's good enough and the rest is just noise. ;)
Ditto to what both of you wrote! ;)
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!
Matisse
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Matisse »

circular wrote:
TheBrain wrote:
circular wrote:
:lol: That pretty much sums up my conclusions after 5-10 years of this (I've lost track!). I admire others for their certainty on many interventions, but all I come up with is contradictory material any way I look at something.

Today I was reading about how to avoid confirmation bias. It focused on how critical it is to actively pursue many questions that you know could lead to a conclusion opposite of the way you're thinking about something. Honestly, we'd all need at least 100 hour days with nothing else to do to accomplish it.

But I'm pretty comfortable saying that sugar and processed foods are bad while exercise, meditation of some sort, sleep and being outdoors are good :D
When you said you "admire others for their certainty on interventions".....I feel exactly the same way. I rarely see any direct cause and effect with various things I try, and I always wonder how others see things so clearly and I don't. What you said just spoke to me.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Matisse wrote:
circular wrote:
TheBrain wrote:

When you said you "admire others for their certainty on interventions".....I feel exactly the same way. I rarely see any direct cause and effect with various things I try, and I always wonder how others see things so clearly and I don't. What you said just spoke to me.
I will say that I think the cause and effect may have more to do with applying diverse approaches and finding the right combination for one's own self that leads to an increase in wellbeing and cognitive clarity. I embrace the notion that we need to come at our cognitive and overall health from many directions, while also realizing that if this approach works, it can become harder to know, in a given unique individual, which specific interventions are moving the dial(s) the most.

I can also say that in many of us who've had CFS/ME aka CIRS aka MCAS aka [insert phrase of the day] will often not get better with a non-processed food diet (even ketogenic), exercise, meditation of some sort, sleep and being outdoors. In fact excercise can make many feel much worse. I climbed out of that CFS/ME space (I periodically relapse but not as bad and not in a chronic way) by applying a lot of interventions with uncertain therapeutic value from the standpoint of evidence-based medicine, and I'll never really know which ones played a role and how much. That's partly because I'd change so much at one time.
roxanne
Contributor
Contributor

Post by roxanne »

[quote="circular"][quote="Matisse"][quote="circular"]

This really resonates with me . I was thinking how others get better with their interventions and I try many different approaches and don't succeed. It's been so many years trying and I generally get the same results. My A1C doesn't budge, my cholesterol remains high, pain in my joints is still there. Maybe one day I will find the magic intervention that will resolve my issues but at the moment I'm lost. The more approaches I try, the worse I feel. Some days I just want to let my body do what it has to do. Just accept what is and go on my merry way.
tesslo
Contributor
Contributor

Post by tesslo »

circular wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:10 pm
TheBrain wrote:
circular wrote:I don't think my vaccine side effect is related to my E4 necessarily so I've started a Covid vaccine thread from a different angle. How are others doing who have a history of MCAS, mold and the like?

I suffered chronic fatigue syndrome in the past for five or six years but did not have it for the last five to six years. I'm three weeks from my second Moderna shot and I've had a resurgence of the same chronic fatigue issues I used to have ever since I got it. It's very discouraging! I was recently tested for 39 local enviromental allergens and wasn't allergic to any of them and my IgE was normal, so I don't think it's coincidental seasonal allergies, and it feels worse than allergies anyway. Anyone else?
I haven’t had the vaccine, so I can’t speak to your question. I just want to say I’m sorry you’ve experienced a resurgence of chronic fatigue issues. I hope you recover soon.

P.S. I’d suggest doing a search using DuckDuckGo.com (not Google) on the following and explore what you find: long haul covid and ivermectin
Thanks Brain, me too. Some days and hours are better than others so that's good and gives me hope that this won't last too long. Meanwhile I'm adding some supplements (ubiquinol, creatine, higher DHA and iron), increasing vit c and melatonin, and planning my first massage in about five years … goodness knows I can use that! Unfortunately my lymph massage therapist, whom I haven't seen for some years now but may have been part of my recovery from ME/CFS the first time, is booked through Aug 2 (!).

Anyhow, I looked up Ivermectin and it seems to have mixed coverage, which I confess I've only skimmed for now. One article said:
Interest in ivermectin for covid-19 surged last spring after a small Australian study found that the drug inhibited the replication of the coronavirus in laboratory tests.
This leads me to think that its mechanism might not be that useful for my issue, since I don't have a replicating virus in me. I think it's more like an immune dysregulation, where my immune system does a find job but forgets to turn itself all the way off. Really don't know for sure though.
...Wow I am pretty sure I also have/had CFS as well...I think it was dormant for decades for I lived in Lake Tahoe during the 'mysterious outbreak' in the early 80's (one of the reasons I moved) my husband later got mono and tried blaming it on me which I am now finding out it can lay DORMANT until an extreme stressor which for me was Covid....I found the book 'Osler's Web' by Hillary Johnson which she chronicled many of the mysterious outbreaks....Fauci was also at the helm during this...