New 2/4 Here.

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
Cercatrice
New User
New User

New 2/4 Here.

Post by Cercatrice »

Hello everyone!

After doing a 23andme test and discovering that I had one 4 variant, I did a dive into the raw data and appear to be a 2/4. Anyone else here with that particular combination? It appears to be rare, from the research I've done today. From some of the research I've found, the 2 should be protective in theory, but it doesn't look like it's shaking out that way in practice. Anyone have any interesting research to look at, any personal experiences?

Thanks!
nerdymel23
Contributor
Contributor

Re: New 2/4 Here.

Post by nerdymel23 »

Cercatrice wrote:Hello everyone!

After doing a 23andme test and discovering that I had one 4 variant, I did a dive into the raw data and appear to be a 2/4. Anyone else here with that particular combination? It appears to be rare, from the research I've done today. From some of the research I've found, the 2 should be protective in theory, but it doesn't look like it's shaking out that way in practice. Anyone have any interesting research to look at, any personal experiences?

Thanks!
Hi Cercatrice, welcome to the forum!

We do have a few members with ApoE 2/4 and are thriving. Glad you are here and we hope the resources from the forum can be of support and comfort. I've linked to a few resources for you, including a search thread on ApoE 2/4. Please don't hesitate to post more questions, and enjoy your time exploring.

Search results for ApoE 2/4:
Search ApoE 2/4

Our comprehensive Wiki has an introduction to the different isoforms of APOE and other great science to comb through. We have also created a How-To Guide to help you get the most benefit out of the ApoE4.info website.

Enjoy!

- Melissa :D
ApoE3/4
Board Certified Functional Medicine Health Coach
Certified Wahls Protocol Health Coach
Certified ReCODE Health Coach