Hello from Cheniskos

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
cheniskos
Contributor
Contributor

Hello from Cheniskos

Post by cheniskos »

Hi everybody.

I have received few days ago my 23andme report showing one APOE-ε3 allele and one APOE-ε4 allele. Few days to ask myself 'what about prevention' and I found this web site, this forum and the proposal about the E4 Trial.

I am 50 years old and I have an healthy lifestyle: I exercise 3-5 times a week (pilates, slow running), I love to walk, my BMI is normal and I carefully choose what to eat. My cholesterol level, anyway, is high. and I take a very effective integrator with Omega-3, Policosanols, Resveratrol, L-carnitine, Coenzyme Q10, Monascus purpureus, Vitamin B6 and VItamin B12.
My work requests a high intellectual committment.
They say I have a good memory, but since I was younger, I have sudden, short moments in which I forget things, especially names. They say it is normal, but... who knows?

I am going to read everything in the web site.
Ciao!
Welcomeaboard
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Hello from Cheniskos

Post by Welcomeaboard »

Hello and glad to have you as a member. Definitely read on this site as you will find more information to cause you to consider changing or adding things. A quick one is vitamin d3 25 hydroxy test. Other members will chime in and answer questions as you move along in your reading.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

Hi and welcome!
Great that your work is cognitively challenging.
We are currently discussing the possibly/probably multifactorial nature of AD. Sounds like you're on the right track!
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Welcome, my friend. Your English is much better than my Italian :D I'm hopeful that our international members can be included in our potential upcoming trial. I'll share more as I can.
cheniskos
Contributor
Contributor

Post by cheniskos »

Thank you everybody!
I fogot to say I'm a woman, sorry :o
Sandraz
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Sandraz »

Hi there! There are so many aspects of having APOE4 it is hard to know where to start! Definitely recommend reading the threads on taking bio identical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) as possibly being preventative of AD! Here is a link to it.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=119&hilit=Bhrt

I mention it now, because I started 6 years too late and the difference it has made for me is incredible :)
Sandra Z
E4,E4