Hi, new here via 23andme

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
LJ321
New User
New User

Hi, new here via 23andme

Post by LJ321 »

Hello,

I saw a thread from Juliegee on 23andme mentioning this site and it caught my attention.

I received my results from 23andme a few days ago. I was grandfathered in therefore I received my health info which was of great interest to me. My father passed at 68 having very bad loss of memory and progressing. I'd say that he started showing signs in 2007 and died in 2009. His mother died 6 months earlier and had been battling Alzheimer's not recognizing anyone for about 10 years. Her sister was diagnosed about 20 years ago and passed away earlier this year. It was because of the above, and my own bouts with forgetfulness not knowing if it's just that I am now 50 and it's normal or if it's the beginning of something serious, that I wanted my results.

My results showed E3/E4 and categorized me as having an elevated risk. For me, it's best to know if it's a possibility because I can at least plan and not procrastinate in doing those bucket list items that I have :D

I'm looking forward to reading the threads and participating where I find that I fit in.

Looking forward to meeting all of you,

LJ
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Hi, new here via 23andme

Post by SusanJ »

LJ, a warm welcome to our group. So sorry about the path of AD through your family. Many of us here have similar family histories.

Hoping you will be able to find some things to try on your journey to better health. And ask questions! Even if it's been answered before, we'll help you find the answer (which might be buried and there are lots of threads).
Welcomeaboard
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Welcomeaboard »

Hi. We are in the process of getting an AD protocol in a clinical trial situation that may benefit you. Feel free to read and ask questions and you will get help as Susan said.
LillyBritches
Contributor
Contributor

Post by LillyBritches »

Welcome, LJ - you're among friends. We're here. :)

I'm so sorry about your dad and your grandmother.
I'm just a oily slick in a windup world with a nervous tick.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

welcome honey, hope you find some answers here xxx
KatieS
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by KatieS »

LJ, since you're 50 and if you are a woman, please note the Hormone Replacement topic. I'm sure you'll find the forum supportive as well as informative.