Hello from Paul

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
pgf54
Contributor
Contributor

cruise to nowhere

Post by pgf54 »

Thank you , now its just maintaining and improving diet and weight etc ...and improving health profiles.
I am facing a couple of challenges at the moment, one is moving residence to a small country town , quite remote , and try as I might its hard to minimize stress at this time, especially as I am moving Mum and Dad , 80 and 85 as well , plus my two yippy dogs. . Mum forgets and packs everything and I have to keep taking her out to buy new stuff as we don't know which box she put it in. She remains wonderful at packing but as soon as she shuts the box lid she cannot remember whats in it. However once we get there we can relax and take our time to unpack..................
The second challenge is much nicer,(a break from caring,) I am going on a cruise to nowhere. Leave Friday 2nd January on a luxury cruise ship and return Monday , after anchoring off the West Australian coast.
The challenge here will be to watch my diet, as, as well as fine dining there is a an enormous buffet all included. While I will avoid alcohol, I think I will just eat higher fat than normal and minimal carbs, as the least harmful alternative. Ie egg for breakfast salads vegies and fish, but avoid the sweets , even if I have a cheese platter instead. Also do plenty of exercise, doing circuits around the deck.
Last time I went on a month cruise I did so much exercise, walking and stair climbing I came back with a torn meniscus, but I didn't gain weight , lol.................
Don't wait for your ship to come in, row out to meet it.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Re: Hello from Paul

Post by Julie G »

Best of luck with the move, Paul. You MORE than have your hands full, my friend. ENJOY the cruise!!! You deserve it :D