Intro

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
Silverlining
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Intro

Post by Silverlining »

Hello...for those coming from 23andme, I am Pink Pearl there. I discovered my 4/4 status in April 2013. Like many others, I was completely blindsided, never having heard of APOE and not having what I would consider significant Alzheimers family history. Learning of 4/4 "rocked my boat" to say the least. I had trouble sleeping for a few days and experienced a significant amount of emotional turmoil for a few weeks. However, I adjusted fairly quickly after that, falling back on my preferred mindset of "live for today, as you never know what tomorrow brings". I practice mindfulness, eat a lacto-ovo vegetarian diet (moderately low carb), exercise 6 days a week, take a few supplements and seek joy every day. I will post specific lipid values in the appropriate thread. As additional information, I have a genetic connective tissue condition (Ehlers Danlos Syndrome, which manifests in a variety of systemic dysfunctions), an autoimmune thyroid (Hashimotos Thyroiditis) and Factor V Leiden (blood clotting disorder). If anyone shares these diagnoses, feel free to pm me as any body-wide disorder affects the brain as well. As always...Enjoy the day!
Ski
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Intro

Post by Ski »

Welcome Pink!
my preferred mindset of "live for today, as you never know what tomorrow brings".
Great outlook and what has really brought me around from that doom and gloom! That outlook truly made the difference for me and I have a great video I will share that echos similarly to our situations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Uh oh, now you'll have us confused. Pink or Silver? So happy to have you here, my friend.

Like you, I deal with EDS and more. We'll have to explore a possible connection to e4 on another thread...
lol
Contributor
Contributor

Post by lol »

Hi, PP!! You have been an inspiration to me, because you have a good attitude.
You can change your username, but you will always be pee pee - wait, wait, pink pearl to me. :lol: (I have never really grown up properly)
Silverlining
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Silverlining »

LOL...yeah, that PP name...when I chose it on 23andme, I had NO idea I would ever post a single word. Well, that apoe 4/4 humdinger inspired well over 100 posts and they just keep on bubbling out....thanks for the encouragement friends...sure hope our new site will be inspiration, support, validation and education for our "4" brothers and sisters.