Upcoming site access issue (Let's Encrypt)

Vision, strategy, service, and activism. Web and social media planning and technical discussion.
MarcR
Mod
Mod

Upcoming site access issue (Let's Encrypt)

Post by MarcR »

The problem.

If you use a device running an Android version prior to 7.1.1, beginning January 11 your access from that device to this site and many others will be impaired. (7.1.1 was released only four years ago, and a third of all Android devices are running older versions.) When you attempt to visit the apoe4.info website from any browser other than Firefox Mobile, your device will complain of a certificate error and refuse to load your request. We think but are not certain that the Tapatalk forum browser used by some members will also fail.

Solutions.
  1. Unique among Android web browsers, Firefox Mobile will continue to work. If your device runs Android 5.0 or later, you can install it from the Play Store.
  2. Replace your phone with one that runs Android 7.1.1 or later.
  3. Use a PC, Mac, or iPhone to access apoe4.info.
What Android version am I running?

Follow this guide from How-To Geek.

A deeper dive.

This is the announcement from Let's Encrypt:

Standing on Our Own Two Feet
barbigrandm
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Upcoming site access issue (Let's Encrypt)

Post by barbigrandm »

Hello MarcR,
Mesages that I send, keep in my outbox for ever (most of them lately)

I dont know who could help me with the issue. Would you be so kind to address me to someone or somewhere to get help?

Thak you
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Hi barbigrandm! I think that means that the receiver hasn't opened them. The messages have been sent but not opened. Sorry- frustrating.
barbigrandm
Contributor
Contributor

Post by barbigrandm »

Thank you very much Julie.
One of the main reasons I wait for the answer is that I would like to help somehow to this comunity. But I don't know how. We are so grateful that I feel I have to give it back. I also understand that this is not an easy jorney and it is quite demanding in many aspects, Help from others is a need. My mom is so well now, and becoming better , despite her 83 y o, and her AD, DM1, AIHA, Hip fracture, kidney stones injury, etc that I feel I could do something, ...whatever, ...the coffee boy,.... I have a little spare time to offer while I keep caregiving my parents and study health coaching and the huge wiki of this site..
Thank you very much for mitigating my frustration...........and for this site.