Donations

Vision, strategy, service, and activism. Web and social media planning and technical discussion.
LG1
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Donations

Post by LG1 »

I am often amazed at the amount of information and insight as well as support I get from this site.

Every little bit helps keep it up and running so I recently made a donation.

Some folks are probably already donating and some have perhaps reached their limits and can't spare any extras at this time. But, if there are some of you interested but it just hasn't come to mind, you might consider an occasional donation.

IMG_2287.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ε4/ε4
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Donations

Post by circular »

833 members x $25 = $20,825 (not meant to put pressure on anyone, just an illustration, even if some give more, some less and some not at all according to their abilities). Thank you board for all your work!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Post by TheresaB »

Smile capture.PNG
OBVIOUSLY I need to do more shopping! :lol:

But what's disconcerting is so many folks use Amazon and it's so easy to make those purchases through the AmazonSmile (everything is the same, Prime membership, etc, it's just a different website) and designate ApoE4 as the benefiting charity and yet, so far only $17.15 has been generated, and we're practically half that! :cry:
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

This article is worth reading, not to abandon Amazon Smile support for apoe4.info, but just to show how direct donations are going to be the better option if choosing one or the other. As Theresa hints, people probably aren't going to shop enough at Amazon to make a free donation there that's equivalent to what they may be able to make directly.
  • If one can't afford direct donations and shops on Amazon then Amazon Smile is a no brainer (unless they prefer another charity)
    If one can make a direct donation(s) and also shops at Amazon then doing both sweetens the pot
    If one doesn't shop on Amazon and can possibly make a donation, the link is in the upper right of the forum website
This is sort of stating the obvious. I better get back to the pile of desk work I've been avoiding all day ...
LG1
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by LG1 »

I am embarrassed to admit I have not set up my Amazon Prime account with APOE4.info.

I do recall using that link during Christmas but just completely forgot about it.

Going there now to fix it up. It would certainly make an impact if a significant number of members followed suit.

Thanks so much Circular and Theresa for the kind reminder.

UPDATE: I was mistaken, I did register apoe4 as my charity. At some point I must have added it because i have 3 orders so far.
ε4/ε4
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Just switched from Buck Institute to apoe4.com at smile.amazon.com. I must say, I was impressed to see the total donations made to all available charities through Amazon Smile at $37,903,623.82! Now if we can bump up apoe4.info's portion ;)
Bettylacy
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Bettylacy »

Thanks. Have now signed up for smile amazon with APOE4info as my charity!
APOe 3/4; If you want to go fast go alone. If you want to go far go together. African proverb. :D
Bettylacy
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Bettylacy »

You made a difference.
Because you placed this order at smile.amazon.com, Amazon will make a donation to Apoe4Info Inc.
:D :D :D :D
APOe 3/4; If you want to go fast go alone. If you want to go far go together. African proverb. :D