Anyone know what the outbox is?

Vision, strategy, service, and activism. Web and social media planning and technical discussion.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Anyone know what the outbox is?

Post by Stavia »

hi :)
You can't PM yet until you have three approved posts. Post twice more, I will approve, then PM Teezer or Marc
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SusanJ »

ann, I sent a message to our systems guy to get a hold of you. Let me know if it hasn't happened by Wednesday (we're all volunteers, so sometimes it takes a while).
MarcR
Mod
Mod

Post by MarcR »

Nords wrote:MarcR, Teezer, where's the "Help" files for the features?

I can't even find the link to tell us what forum software is being used here.
I'm not aware of any built-in "Help" features. Currently we are running phpBB v3.1. A user guide is available here.
MarcR
Mod
Mod

Post by MarcR »

Hi! I'm new here and I want to know how to change my user name. I thought it was just to be used for registering and now it appears to be my user name for the forums. Can anyone help me with this?
Ann, I have temporarily authorized your account to alter its username. To do so, visit your account settings, edit the Username, populate Current password, and click Submit.
Nords
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Nords »

MarcR wrote:
Nords wrote:MarcR, Teezer, where's the "Help" files for the features?

I can't even find the link to tell us what forum software is being used here.
I'm not aware of any built-in "Help" features. Currently we are running phpBB v3.1. A user guide is available here.
Ah, phpBB. Thanks.
Tincup wrote:
J11 wrote:I just sent a PM. This PM is now in my OB and not my SB.
If anyone has any clue what any of this means PLEASE HELP!!!!!
I believe the message stays in the outbox till the recipient reads it. Then it gets transferred to the sent folder. I also think the message can be edited, deleted & etc in the outbox prior to the recipient reading it.
Yep. That's a phpBB feature (based on the way e-mail used to be done) and not a bug.

It has the reputation of being "useful yet not intuitive."
Author of "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement". Royalties go to military charities.
Co-author (with my daughter): "Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation FI."
To contact me, please send a PM.
annelizabeth
New User
New User

Post by annelizabeth »

Thank you MarcR and SusanJ! It worked!
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

annelizabeth wrote:Hi! I'm new here and I want to know how to change my user name. I thought it was just to be used for registering and now it appears to be my user name for the forums. Can anyone help me with this?
Hi, annelizabeth!

Welcome! Happy that you were able to get assistance to change your username. If you have not already discovered the Primer, it is a good place to start. It was written by Stavia, a physician member of the community, and provides a lot of information that is helpful in understanding both the health risks of ApoE4 and also prioritized steps to minimize those risks. You can find it here: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1418

Please post questions that arise for you as well as sharing your own story, if you'd like. We are here to support each other by sharing information and experiences.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health