GeneMatch Testing

Vision, strategy, service, and activism. Web and social media planning and technical discussion.
Jill
New User
New User

GeneMatch Testing

Post by Jill »

Hi,

Your ''Thinking About Testing" page suggests GeneMatch to learn about apoe4 status and possibly participate in studies. Are you aware that their site says:
"You will not learn your APOE results through GeneMatch."

So this means that they may collect and test your genetic material and you may or may not find out your status depending on whether or not they refer you to a clinical trial, which may or may not inform you of your status. Correct?

Have you considered making that more clear to visitors of your ''Thinking About Testing?" page?

Thanks,
Jill
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Re: GeneMatch Testing

Post by Stavia »

hi Jill, thanks for posting and flagging this for review.
I am personally not acquainted with the details of Genematch and will not amend anything until we have discussed this as mods. But I have looked at their site and see this is correct.
Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Welcome, Jill. You're correct, participants may or may not learn their APOE status through this avenue. It depends upon which trial they get matched with. We will make this more clear on our "Thinking about Testing" page. Thanks for making us aware of this.
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by slacker »

Hi Jill;

You've already been greeted by two of our most illustrious members! Kudos to you for your careful reading and sharp mind. When you are ready, we'd enjoy hearing more about you and your journey. You can post this information in our "Our Stories" forum.
Slacker
E4/E4
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Re: RE: GeneMatch Testing

Post by Stavia »

Jill wrote:Hi,

Your ''Thinking About Testing" page suggests GeneMatch to learn about apoe4 status and possibly participate in studies. Are you aware that their site says:
"You will not learn your APOE results through GeneMatch."

So this means that they may collect and test your genetic material and you may or may not find out your status depending on whether or not they refer you to a clinical trial, which may or may not inform you of your status. Correct?

Have you considered making that more clear to visitors of your ''Thinking About Testing?" page?

Thanks,
Jill
Jill, it's done.
Thank you again for alerting us to this :)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk