Can't Post

Vision, strategy, service, and activism. Web and social media planning and technical discussion.
NewRon
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Can't Post

Post by NewRon »

Can't post here sometimes. I've tried three times today and just get the attached picture. It's happened before too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Apo E4/E4, Male, Age 60
Sara
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Can't Post

Post by Sara »

Sorry you are having a problem posting. Will pass this on to web administrator. Sara
Certified ReCODE 2.0 Brain Health Coach, MOCA Certified
MBA, Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach, National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Brain Health Professional - Amen University
Surviving loved one who transitioned with AD
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

NewRon, are you sure that you're logged in before trying to post?
NewRon
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by NewRon »

Yep!

I've had this problem quite a bit recently, no idea why.

I'll open another window and successfully post in another thread but, like today, have to keep trying in the thread I want to post in.

Odd.
Apo E4/E4, Male, Age 60
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

So sorry! I'll tag this thread and share with our tech team to see if they can hack. Stay tuned...
NewRon
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by NewRon »

Merci beaucoup !
Apo E4/E4, Male, Age 60
Teezer
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Teezer »

Hi Ron! After a bit of research, this seems to be caused by the host's security settings. It's either a reaction to specific words or formats in your post, or something that's associated with your IP address. With such uncertainty, I'm not willing to randomly change permissions.

Sometimes 403s are falsely triggered by posts that look like hacking attempts or spam, but there was no one thing that anyone could point to that would always solve this problem.

Is there anything unusual in the posts that fail? For example, have you copied and pasted from a Word document? You could have unknowingly included Word formatting code that triggered a security module.
It's weird how I'm constantly surprised by the passage of time when it's literally the most predictable thing in the universe. -- xkcd
NewRon
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by NewRon »

No, I haven't. The post that failed was almost exactly as posted eventually. Very odd.
Apo E4/E4, Male, Age 60
Teezer
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Teezer »

If you get another one of these failures, please email an exact copy of the text that was rejected to traver.terry@gmail.com. Thanks...
It's weird how I'm constantly surprised by the passage of time when it's literally the most predictable thing in the universe. -- xkcd
NewRon
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by NewRon »

Will-do!
Apo E4/E4, Male, Age 60