Wiki elevation

Vision, strategy, service, and activism. Web and social media planning and technical discussion.
MarcR
Mod
Mod

Wiki elevation

Post by MarcR »

As most of us no doubt have noticed, the Wiki link has been moved from its hiding place in the forum toolbar overflow menu to a prominent position in the main menu between Forums and About Us.

The October 2016 site redesign intentionally obscured the wiki because we were not proud of it. Thanks to substantial new content development from SusanJ and TheresaB, an extensive editing effort from SRWelch, and a number of small contributions from other members, we no longer feel that way.

You can see a list of all contributors at the new Contribution Scores page.

Wiki editing is open to all of us. Coordination is not required; for example, SRWelch has yet to post on the forums and is not to my knowledge in communication with Theresa or Susan, but s/he has great writing skills and has made many useful edits. That said, we certainly encourage collaboration especially if you want to make big changes or are uncertain about how to fit your articles into the overall structure.

At some point we would love to have a critical mass of experienced MediaWiki users who can collaborate within that environment; currently, the ApoE4.Info, Inc. forum is the best place for wiki Q&A and discussion topics.
CoachDD
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Wiki elevation

Post by CoachDD »

Fantastic! Thanks to all for the hard work and information gathered!!
Learning to Live (3/4)
Certified Health and Wellness Coach ~ Functional Medicine Coaching Academy
Gilgamesh
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Gilgamesh »

Beautiful, Marc, thanks!

By the way, the All time (Top 50) list is not complete (which I know since I'm nearly the only one who worked on the wiki at the beginning, and I don't appear there at all). I don't care about getting credit, just noting a possible glitch (which I assume is related to the server [?] change that was made a couple years ago – you've harvested data only from the post-change edits?)

Thanks again.

https://www.apoe4.info/w/index.php?titl ... 3&month=-1
MarcR
Mod
Mod

Post by MarcR »

G, the ContributionScores extension claims compatibility with MediaWiki 1.25 and above, and I believe the site ran an earlier version until mid-2016. Perhaps the MediaWiki upgrade process did not bring along the data needed by this extension?
Gilgamesh
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Gilgamesh »

Marc, that could be it. But didn't we also physically switch servers, and/or tertiary domain names? (Pardon fuzzy memory on this.) That might also be it.

I've made a total of 226 edits, and Susan became the second major contributor, also early on, so many of her edits would also not be in the tally presented by the extension. No biggie, but if there's a way to lasso in the older data, that would be nice for us anal-retentives.
MarcR
Mod
Mod

Post by MarcR »

I dropped the all time listing as it is inaccurate. We'll just go with 30/90/365.
Gilgamesh
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Gilgamesh »

Good idea – that will keep competitive types from resting on their (ancient) laurels! :lol: