Biomarkers

Vision, strategy, service, and activism. Web and social media planning and technical discussion.
RBK
Contributor
Contributor

Biomarkers

Post by RBK »

How would everyone feel about entertaining the idea of adding in a few more columns to our data we collect in the google doc? Things like glucose, Vit D levels, etc., etc. There seem to be many markers that many are testing that we discuss in the forum, but we don't have collective spot to compare. Thoughts?
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Biomarkers

Post by Stavia »

It seems that glycaemic control is also critical for us. May I suggest HbA1c ( yes I know it has inherent variability from person to person but surely it would be good to track it for each individual person? For instance Im seriously chuffed mine has fallen from 37 to 32) fasting glucose (fingerpricks also not very accurate, Id urge that people validate their machine and their technique with a lab test), fasting insulin.

Homocysteine might be interesting as a cardiovascular risk marker. Ditto high sensitivity CRP.

Uric acid as a marker of metabolic syndrome.

Liver functions as a marker of fatty liver ie metabolic syndrome again.
asiagillett
Contributor
Contributor

Post by asiagillett »

I would love it. It's extremely helpful, especially for us newbie's, to be able to get an idea of what needs to be tracked, etc.
RBK
Contributor
Contributor

Post by RBK »

I agree with all of the above, ladies!
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Great idea. Has anyone tried to add them to our existing spreadsheet on the Wiki?
RBK
Contributor
Contributor

Post by RBK »

I haven't tried, as I didn't want to go messing with the existing spreadsheet that everyone agreed to long before I came here. If everyone wants to agree to things here, I should be able to make those changes. Happy to do that legwork and add in my data to start things going.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

I think it's possible, RBK. If not, we could start another spreadsheet with additional biomarkers. I understand your hesitancy for fear of somehow mucking it up. My hands trembled the last time I added my data for fear of the same ;)

I like all of the suggestions so far. Congrats Stavia on your dramatic improvement on A1C!!! The problem doesn't seem to arise in the variability from person to person, but rather the validity of the test itself in some individual's possibly due to longer lived RBCs. However, I agree that we should add it along with fasting glucose (preferably from a physician) and fasting insulin.

I also like homocysteine, Vitamin D, CRP, urid acid, and liver function tests. What would those be called?

Here's a link for more ideas:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=281&p=1915&hilit=Biomarkers#p1915
RBK
Contributor
Contributor

Post by RBK »

Good grief, how did I miss the previous discussion? Thanks for the link, Julie. I'll work on editing the spreadsheet with those discussed in both places. Will put my lab values in when I have them handy.

EDIT: Draft columns added. Everyone, please edit as you wish. I wish some columns were more narrow, so if someone's better at this than I, please edit.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Biomarkers Spreadsheet on Wiki

Post by circular »

Okay, so 'back when', someone set up the 'ApoE4-Community Test Results' spreadsheet in, apparently, an apoe4 Google account. On the wiki page where a link to the published spreadsheet found a home, there's a Google widget that I assume used to display the spreadsheet within the Wiki page, rather than using the link to access it (?). This Google widget feature appears broken. Does someone know how to fix that?

Also, we could now use this apoe4 Google account, if one in fact exists, for another spreadsheet, but apparently no one knows who set it up or how to get in? Can anyone claim this and help us get access? The Wiki page actually includes the account password there for public view, which is either odd, to me, or an oversight.

I'd like to use the same account to host another spreadsheet. It's currently in my account and I don't think I can publish it for the forum members to reference without revealing my identity. I don't mind you all knowing who I am, but I need to stay incognito outside our circle for now.

It would be good if the board had the keys to the apoe4 Google account?

Help?
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

On the wiki page where a link to the published spreadsheet found a home, there's a Google widget that I assume used to display the spreadsheet within the Wiki page, rather than using the link to access it (?). This Google widget feature appears broken. Does someone know how to fix that?
I don't know how to fix the widget. Maybe Teezer will? IMO, we don't need it and should just edit it out. I can easily reach the document by using the link. Anyone can add to or edit the current Test Results spreadsheet.
Also, we could now use this apoe4 Google account, if one in fact exists, for another spreadsheet, but apparently no one knows who set it up or how to get in? Can anyone claim this and help us get access? The Wiki page actually includes the account password there for public view, which is either odd, to me, or an oversight.
Circ, members of our team have been working behind the scenes to get to the bottom of this. We've been unable to find the creator of the google drive. G, Ski, Giftsplash, Teezer, nor I have any knowledge of who set this up. Regardless, it appears that we have the login information publicly available. Why not upload your spreadsheet there and simply remove your name? If you need help, I can connect you with Teezer who may be able to give you a hand. You've done a great job with your biomarker spreadsheet and I'm very grateful that you're willing to share it with the community.