Question about adding a new heading for wiki - What can I eat?

Vision, strategy, service, and activism. Web and social media planning and technical discussion.
Emily C
Contributor
Contributor

Question about adding a new heading for wiki - What can I eat?

Post by Emily C »

Hi,

I just responded to a member's post that asked if anyone had good recommendations about what to eat, with a post about a vegetarian food blog that is a go-to resource for me. It occurred to me that I should add this info to our wiki titled What Can I Eat? I'm wondering if you think an additional heading to include here might be: Suggested Websites/Food Blogs. If so, I will do that (if I am able to have that level of access) and add the website info that I suggested to one member.

Thanks for your thoughts on this!

Emily
MarcR
Mod
Mod

Re: Question about adding a new heading for wiki - What can I eat?

Post by MarcR »

Others may advise you on the specifics of your question; I would like to offer some more general encouragement.

As forum members, we all own and can contribute to the wiki as we choose, subject to the Community Guidelines. The content and organization of the wiki perpetually reflect an ongoing negotiation among contributors. Generally, the driving values are those that animate Wikipedia. We want information to be even-handed, objective, factual, carefully referenced, sensitive to nuance, and transparent regarding uncertainty.

Within that context, I would encourage any member who is moved to contribute to be bold and do so. If your choice of location doesn't make sense to other contributors, they may reorganize it. If your content falls short, someone may amend it. Perhaps other contributors will reach out to discuss their vision with you. Over time these interactions can turn individual contributors into collaborators and teams.

The key with a wiki is to maintain a low-ego, open-minded attitude. Be as ready to accept improvements to your words as to defend them.
Emily C
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Question about adding a new heading for wiki - What can I eat?

Post by Emily C »

Thanks, Marc! Thanks for taking the time to explain how we should approach contributing to the wikis. Everything you wrote makes good sense to me, and as a fairly new member, I really appreciate the advice!