Number of apoe4.info members

Vision, strategy, service, and activism. Web and social media planning and technical discussion.
louie
Contributor
Contributor

Number of apoe4.info members

Post by louie »

Greetings,
I'm writing a book called "My Life with Parkinson's" and I wish to make reference to this website as being strong evidence of the effectiveness of Dr. Bredesen's program. Specifically I plan to write that the site has hundreds/thousands/?? of users who have experienced improvement using this protocol; so I need a ballpark figure.
My thanks in advance,
Lou Hevly
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Number of apoe4.info members

Post by slacker »

louie wrote:Greetings,
I'm writing a book called "My Life with Parkinson's" and I wish to make reference to this website as being strong evidence of the effectiveness of Dr. Bredesen's program. Specifically I plan to write that the site has hundreds/thousands/?? of users who have experienced improvement using this protocol; so I need a ballpark figure.
Hi Lou;

If you scroll to the bottom of the Forums page, you can see the number of members. Bear in mind that this is not a Bredesen Protocol website. People become members after registering and posting once. It is impossible to say how many of these members are 1) following the Bredesen protocol, or 2) implementing it with improvement. It's probably more accurate to say that some are implementing part(s) of the Bredesen protocol.
Slacker
E4/E4
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Post by TheresaB »

Lou,

Welcome to our community.
louie wrote:I wish to make reference to this website as being strong evidence of the effectiveness of Dr. Bredesen's program.
That’s a hard one to answer. We’ve had over 2,000 register as members on this website, but there are many others who “lurk” but never register. Of those who’ve registered, not all are ε4 carriers, we’ve had folks who’ve introduced themselves as non-carriers or status unknown but interested in being proactive against Alzheimer’s, we've had non-symptomatic ε4 carriers register simply for the purpose of preemptive education, and we also have caretakers and researchers.

Additionally, we are not prescriptive here, the purpose of these forums is to discuss ALL research related to ApoE ε4 and to share individual experiences, such as N=1 experimentation. Many folks follow their own paths, not all are strict Dr Bredesen followers.

But I don’t want to discourage you from referencing our website/ 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Our forums are full of testimonials from folks who have experienced positive gains from our knowledge sharing. For more information about ApoE4.info, Inc there’s the About Us link and our past two Annual Reports
2017 and
and 2018
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
louie
Contributor
Contributor

Post by louie »

Thanks very much, Slacker and Theresa. I'll have to think about this a bit, but I'm sure I'll be mentioning ApoE4.info one way or another.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

One more thing to consider, we currently have over 3,000 Facebook followers who don't necessarily overlap with our forum members, making it even harder to quantify the size of our group.