WSJ Article featuring ApoE4.Info

Vision, strategy, service, and activism. Web and social media planning and technical discussion.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

WSJ Article featuring ApoE4.Info

Post by Julie G »

Thanks to our Theresa for putting yourself out there! Here’s the story: Should you find out if you’re at risk for Alzheimer’s? Share your thoughts. Is it better to know your APOE status or do you wish you never found out?
ru442
Contributor
Contributor

Re: WSJ Article featuring ApoE4.Info

Post by ru442 »

I tried but you need a subscription.... bummer
Male 4/4 56 yrs., "Live, Laugh, Love"
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Hmm, try googling the title directly or using our ApoE4.Info Facebook page. No one has mentioned that they couldn't access it... yet.
ru442
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ru442 »

I don't do facebook for various reason.... lol
ru442
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ru442 »

Julie G wrote:
Hmm, try googling the title directly...
I found it.... good article!
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TheBrain »

Theresa, thanks for putting yourself out there! I didn’t know you are a retired Navy commander. Thank you as well for your service to our country. (I was a Navy brat.)

I did a search on the title with quotation marks around it. That worked.

I’m glad I found out about my 4/4 status. Had I not done so, it’s likely I never would have learned about my mold toxicity, the SIBO that it caused, and other root causes. The same goes for my coronary artery disease. I believe I now have a good chance to avoid Alzheimer’s altogether or at least delay its onset. And I’ve since stabilized my coronary artery disease.

My husband and I are beginning the process of updating our will and powers of attorney. I will discuss my 4/4 status with our attorney and incorporate my wishes accordingly.

When I first discovered my status, I was terrified for many months and periodically since then as I’ve learned some test results. But I have no regrets about learning my status. In fact, thank God I did.
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!
mike
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by mike »

Nice article, but ugh!
A spokesman for the Alzheimer’s Association said such tests have little value because they provide only general information about risk—and because there is no effective treatment for the disease.
Sonoma Mike
4/4
hairyfairy
Contributor
Contributor

Post by hairyfairy »

I do often regret opening that Pandora`s box because there`s nothing that I can do to change my dna. I never got on with my parents and now I just have yet another reason to be angry with them.