Search problem?

Vision, strategy, service, and activism. Web and social media planning and technical discussion.
Gilgamesh
Contributor
Contributor

Search problem?

Post by Gilgamesh »

LillyBritches wrote:Guys - I know I'm annoying - but I can't find the thread that I posted about pomegranate
L- Did you search for "pomegranate" in the search box in the top right? Does that box not appear in your browser perhaps?? Would be good to know for site development purposes.

Un abrazo
GB
Ski
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Search problem?

Post by Ski »

The search functionality works very well on this platform. Not only can you search the entire Forum (top right). You can go into your User Control Panel, select all YOUR posts and then "search" within only your posts.

Please use this functionality, its easy and powerful and will help reduce duplicate posts on the same topics which we regularly see.
Gina99
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Gina99 »

I dont think it allows partial searches and you would need to type the word exactly as it was posted or it will not find it. Unless theres is a wild card for searching.
Ski
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Ski »

Gina99 wrote:I dont think it allows partial searches and you would need to type the word exactly as it was posted or it will not find it. Unless theres is a wild card for searching.
Yes, type the partial word and add a "*"(asterisk) after it.

Also, in the menu bar, next to the "FAQ", there is another Search functionality that is more robust and allows further selections. The one in the top right is just a quick search tool. Lots of options.
Gina99
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Gina99 »

Thanks, then we should have no problem finding our prior posts.
Gilgamesh
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Gilgamesh »

Ski- Thanks for the additional info. (Hadn't explored enough to know all the cool options we have here!)

You obviously have put a huge amount of time/thought into both selecting the right forum software, and setting it up. I'm getting a lot of vitamin G here (Gratitude) -- one of the pillars of my cognitive health strategy. :D

GB