Rep - Hyperabsorption Cholesterol Balance & Fatty Acid Balance Results

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
rep
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Rep - Hyperabsorption Cholesterol Balance & Fatty Acid Balance Results

Postby rep » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:58 pm

Okay Ski. I'm upping it to TWO tablespoons, morning and night. It seems it should be one of the more innocuous ways to decrease my cholesterol. I use the Organic India Psyllium.

http://www.amazon.com/Organic-India-Whole-Psyllium-12-Ounce/dp/B0016AXN7A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1429563476&sr=8-1&keywords=organic+india+psyllium
Last edited by rep on Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Julie G
Mod
Mod

Postby Julie G » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:20 pm

Good luck, rep. And be very careful who you listen to, including me.

Add me to the list of suspects to be wary of ;) As Martha and I learned at our recent NYC conference, even the experts are at a complete loss as to how to handle dietary fat/lipid lowering pharmacology recommendations for E4 carriers. Be highly skeptical of anyone who has definitive answers; N=1 rules.

rep
Contributor
Contributor

Postby rep » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:56 pm

Julie and Martha - Got ya. Who the heck knows what to do with a case like mine? As I bemoan to my husband - "Why can't it ever be easy?" I and my children have had very weird health issues. It's never the norm and they are never easily solved.
I can't wait to meet with my lipidologist. I just wish it were sooner and that I had more than half an hour of his time. I do suppose he will prescribe Zetia and some statin. I'll be very interested to hear what he has to say about diet.

Return to “Our Stories”