Shock news from 23and me.

Fellowship for kindred spirits.
JD2020
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Shock news from 23and me.

Post by JD2020 »

hairyfairy wrote:
There is research by Dr. Dantzig suggesting that Grover’s disease (a skin disease) could be a marker for age related macular degeneration and the possibility that both are caused by mercury toxicity. The research is here:

https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... y_toxicity

I have the skin disease and followed his protocol for most of 2006 to restore healthy skin after 10+ years of suffering. I periodically have to retreat to maintain healthy skin. If I didn’t have the skin disease, would I know that I was mercury toxic, and if not, would I wind up blind?

Maybe mercury toxicity triggers expression of the gene that causes age related macular degeneration? Perhaps you would feel better by determining if you are mercury toxic and, of course, making sure that you don't have Grover's disease.

{edited by Mod Tincup to tag hairyfairy}
PJD@4411
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Shock news from 23and me.

Post by PJD@4411 »

JD2020 wrote:hairyfairy, There is research by Dr. Dantzig suggesting that Grover’s disease (a skin disease) could be a marker for age related macular degeneration and the possibility that both are caused by mercury toxicity. The research is here:

https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... y_toxicity

I have the skin disease and followed his protocol for most of 2006 to restore healthy skin after 10+ years of suffering. I periodically have to retreat to maintain healthy skin. If I didn’t have the skin disease, would I know that I was mercury toxic, and if not, would I wind up blind?

Maybe mercury toxicity triggers expression of the gene that causes age related macular degeneration? Perhaps you would feel better by determining if you are mercury toxic and, of course, making sure that you don't have Grover's disease.
Hello JD2020,
Welcome to the forum! We are so happy to have you participate with this supportive community.

Thank you for sharing the link regarding mercury toxicity research.

It is very interesting to know that mercury toxicity may manifest as a skin disease. I am so happy that you were able to find a protocol to mend your skin condition and to ward off potential blindness.

It looks like you wanted to send this message to hairyfairy and I wanted to share this guide which has helpful tips about posting information and replying to a post. Responding directly to a post can be achieved by either using the quotes which will notify the person (as I have done with this response) or by sending a private message.

Have you had a chance to explore the website?
The Primer is a great place to get started, it was written by the physician that started this website and is an excellent resource. Also, the Wikki Page contains a wealth of information regarding diet, lifestyle behaviors, and much more!

We would love to hear more about your story, you can tell us about yourself here Our Story.

Again, a warm welcome to you
PJ
Think Positive Be Positive
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach