New Technology Toothpaste that Greatly Reduces Plaque

Fellowship for kindred spirits.
rep
Contributor
Contributor

New Technology Toothpaste that Greatly Reduces Plaque

Post by rep »

I am NOT connected to the company. It is more expensive than regular toothpaste but I am very excited to be using it and can feel the difference after brushing.

Livionex is a new toothpaste that removes plaque 2.5 times better than traditional toothpaste.
(Now, if only they could develop something to remove Alzheimer's plaque!)

http://www.livionexdental.com/
Livionex Inc.'s proprietary technology works by activating Edathamil, a well-known food-grade chelator. Edathamil by itself does not show much efficacy in disrupting biofilm. However, Livionex Dental Gel’s Activated Edathamil shows results that no other toothpaste has ever been able to achieve. It penetrates and disrupts plaque, while dramatically reducing gingival inflammation and bleeding.
Check out the research studies: http://www.livionexdental.com/category_s/1852.htm
There was a 91% reduction in plaque with Livionex compared to only a 7% reduction with Colgate Total.
Since all patients received a professional deep cleaning after baseline measurements, all started with a zero on the plaque index. As shown in Figure 1, the reduction of plaque measurements showed a reduction of 7% for plaque, which means that 93% of the plaque at baseline had returned at the end of 4 weeks in the Colgate Total group. This is compared to a reduction of 91% for plaque, which means that 9% of the plaque at baseline had returned at the end of 4 weeks in the Livionex Dental Gel group.
Last edited by rep on Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KatieS
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: New Technology Toothpaste that Greatly Reduces Plaque

Post by KatieS »

I'm keen on dental hygiene, having unique three SNPs for dental caries only found in "0%" of the population. Unlike the rest of my family, I've had a lifetime of dentistry, so I'm looking into this paste. However, my hygienist always reports zero plaque,because of my rigid, time-consuming program. This product would be ideal for trips or as I age. It's $20/tube, but you only use a dab.
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

I'll look into it for sure. The last 10 or so years, I've been a very rapid plaque former. I get my teeth cleaned 4x/year. Four years ago had laser plaque removal & bug killing along with some heavy duty antibiotics. The dentist/hygienist prescribed special toothpaste, flossing, along with irrigation with a mouthwash followed by rinsing the mouth with this antibiotic mouthwash.

I recently had two trials.

1) started chewing probiotic capsules before dinner and then brushing, flossing & using dentist provided mouthwash 3 hours later.

2) gave up the antibiotic mouthwash, after discussing at the last cleaning. I reasoned the mouthwash might be counterproductive, killing my probiotics.

Results:

1) plaque was much less volume and softer at the 3 month cleaning.

I'm in the midst of 2). Don't know results, but my tongue says plaque is down almost to 0. I'll probably wait to try the toothpaste till I test 2) this at the dentist in another 6 weeks so as not to confound the results.
Tincup
E3,E4
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Post by J11 »

Thank you very much for the product information.

We are always on the lookout for new dental technologies. Apparently dental health is considered to be the most important
caregiving task in severe dementia, though it is also the most difficult. We have been unable to locate any dentist that will see our loved one. They have cited security concerns in going to residential as the reason why they will not visit. We have also been unable to find a service that would do a at home dental X-Ray. This would obviously be something we would want done.

We have several dental techniques that we use including flossing, brushing, scaling, EvoraPlus probiotics, and several mouthwashes.

We will include your product in our routine. Thank you.
Kim
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Kim »

I was really excited about this. I ordered some over the weekend - I can't wait to try it out. It sure is amazing how science and technology are progressing...I am blown away about what scientists are discovering.

Kim
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

I'm in! I was worried it would be highly abrasive. My gums are very healthy but receding a lot due to weak connective tissue, even while brushing lightly, using the toothpaste that until now had the lowest abrasion measure, and getting more frequent cleanings to compensate. Still receding and receding just because of the mechanical and still abrasive forces. I'm really excited this uses *no* abrasion, so maybe I can stop the steady march toward a very ragged but healthy gumline!
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

BTW I always had a lot of cavities due to having soft teeth until I started using a tongue scraper. Before buying it I looked in PubMed and there was an article saying they reduced the cavity causing bacteria in the mouth significant (like really significantly if I recall right). I'd always brushed my tongue with my toothbrush before that. Years using the scraper ... no cavities at all!
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
rep
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rep »

It even remineralizes! I love this stuff.

It is expensive but dentists are more expensive. Now that this is out I'm glad I'm not in the dental profession.
My mom has to have her teeth cleaned every 3 months due to plaque. This will reduce costs for her.

BTW - I have used a tongue scraper for years. I recommend using one.
KatieS
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by KatieS »

Thanks, Rep for this post. You can contact the company for a 5% one-time discount which includes the six-pack order.
Silverlining
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Silverlining »

I ordered a tube today, found 10% discount...I plan to share it with one of my fur babies who has off the charts plaque issues... Hoping this stretches his yearly cleanings to two or more.