New Technology Toothpaste that Greatly Reduces Plaque

Fellowship for kindred spirits.
CatDC
Contributor
Contributor

Re: New Technology Toothpaste that Greatly Reduces Plaque

Post by CatDC »

My hygenist and dentist were both horrified when they saw my "post-Livionex" staining. It took the hygenist 90 minutes of work, but she finally got my teeth back to their normal appearance. So I've returned to using Sensodyne for now. But I do have 2 remaining unused tubes of Livionex (still fully sealed/unopened) that I'm happy to mail to someone, free of charge. It does sound like it works well for many people! Just message me if you want them.
Catherine
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Sounds like Philips is best for those of us with receding gumlines, but can't say for sure. Was just always told to avoid sawing off my gums.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
lumia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by lumia »

circular wrote:Sounds like Philips is best for those of us with receding gumlines, but can't say for sure. Was just always told to avoid sawing off my gums.
At a time when the dental profession aren't sure what's the correct way to brush, I'd withhold judgment for your statement.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

haha lumia, figures doesn't it?

I was reading today about a study that showed those swishing with green tea had significantly less plaque than the control who used water. Green tea was comparable to a prescription mouthwash against cavities. Haven't had time to delve into it.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

CatDC wrote:My hygenist and dentist were both horrified when they saw my "post-Livionex" staining. It took the hygenist 90 minutes of work, but she finally got my teeth back to their normal appearance. So I've returned to using Sensodyne for now. But I do have 2 remaining unused tubes of Livionex (still fully sealed/unopened) that I'm happy to mail to someone, free of charge. It does sound like it works well for many people! Just message me if you want them.
Catherine
I used Livionex for quite a while and did get the staining. It helped a bit with the plaque but I still had pockets. I'm one that had to go in every 3 or 4 months (4 was stretching it) and they would schedule 90 minutes for cleaning. I was a very rapid plaque former. In June the said the'd go in with the laser in October to go after the bugs. I've been fighting this for many years, trying many things without much success, though kind of holding my own, keeping the pockets from getting much deeper.

Dr. Gundry suggested "The Dirt" tooth powder. It is made from clay (2 on the Mohs hardness scale - enamel is 5, dentin is 2.5). Right after the last cleaning, I switched to the The Dirt, using it 2x/day. Doesn't take very much. I wet the brush, shake it out, put it in the powder and then tap the brush on the can to knock a lot back in the can. I probably still have at least 1/2 can left. I use an electric toothbrush and count while I hold it on each spot, massaging the gums. I also dissolved some baking soda in water to use in the water pic device in the evening - changing the mouth pH was my theory. Lastly I would do "oil pulling" with coconut oil for 20 minutes in the morning (spitting into the trash not the sink). Teeth were the whitest and smoothest they'd been in forever. I'm guessing the Dirt toothpowder is the strongest actor, but can't say for sure. Also have been doing my 120 consecutive hour fasts out of every 14 days, but was doing that before the June cleaning, so don't think that has had an impact.

Today, I had my teeth cleaned. They were at least 15 minutes late calling me in to the chair. I was done before the time of the original appointment was over ~45 minutes for the whole operation. The hygienist said, "wow, whatever you are doing at home is wonderful!." That was a first for me. Also a number of my pockets had shrunk from 4 to 3 mm.

I was really encouraged!
Tincup
E3,E4
CarrieS
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CarrieS »

I've been oil pulling (20 minutes with coconut oil first thing in the morning while I'm showering and then getting dressed) and using Uncle Harry's Alkalizing Toothpaste (it comes in a jar) daily for 3 years. The main ingredient in the toothpaste is Bentonite clay. My cleanings are a breeze and my dentist and hygienist are both amazed at the health of my mouth.
APOe4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Certificate for Reversing Cognitive Decline for Coaches (FMCA)
Certified Fermentationist
KatieS
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by KatieS »

Thanks, Carrie. The Amazon reviews are quite positive, so I ordered a jar. Since TheresaB's post related to toothpaste/mouthwashes destroying out mouth's natural flora, I'm been moving towards the non-floride alternatives.
Orangeblossom
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Orangeblossom »

I think an electric toothbrush helps, I find my teeth seem much cleaner with it. I have the Philips Sonicare one and it's really easy to use- it also times for each part of the moth, so stops and starts again i think every 30 secs? So might help an elderly person. My hygienist said I had very little plaque last visit but I clean really well with it, floss etc and use Arm and hammer baking soda toothpaste, it's the best one I've found so far. The little tooth floss picks are easier to use than the floss tapes.

My children prefer the oral B one. Neither of them have any fillings and they have also got fissure sealants, I have too on some teeth. These are good for those of us with deep fissures in teeth. The only problem i do have is wisdom teeth coming through as an adult and being a bit wonky, keeping an eye on them.

Yes low carb / sugar and fasting must help our teeth I think. My dentist says sugary hot drinks are the worst for teeth, and sugary fizzy drinks.
Jan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jan »

Speaking of sugary/fizzy drinks and teeth - this infographic says "phosphoric and citric acids alter pH balance in the mouth, leading to permanent enamel erosion." https://www.rodalewellness.com/health/soda-infographic Not a pubmed source, I know, but three years ago convinced me to give up soda overnight.
mrc cfnc fmchc
IFM/Bredesen Reversing Cognitive Decline training 2017
E2/E2
What is, is. What is, can be changed.
NewRon
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by NewRon »

Ok, so far the pycnogenol (started about three weeks ago) nor the Curcubrain curcumin (started about a week ago) have killed me (yet!). The next intervention I began yesterday is oil pulling. I got coconut oil, as I love the smell and it tastes very nice too.

However, I have a question. What about the LDL increasing properties of coconut oil? There's bound to be some leakage. I remember a wine tasting some years back when we just swished and spat, without swallowing. The results were hilarious...just as well nobody was driving!
Apo E4/E4, Male, Age 60