New Technology Toothpaste that Greatly Reduces Plaque

Fellowship for kindred spirits.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: New Technology Toothpaste that Greatly Reduces Plaque

Post by circular »

The fella from the company explained to me that the browning is just due to certain proteins that some people have more of in their mouth than others. He indicated it's not anything to worry about. I'll be asking my dentist about this to confirm.

I know from past reading that it's only some ingredients that interact with these proteins to turn them brown. Crest Proactive had such an ingredient and I ditched it and used Rembrandt Intense Stain to get it off. It worked *very* well. I don't like to use it because like all whitening and tartar control toothpastes it's very abrasive which I need to avoid, but moreso.

At first I tried using Livionex mostly and my regular toothpaste about twice a week to get the proteins off. That didn't work too well, but now I "brush" with Livionex using my tongue, then dip a wet toothbrush in baking soda (very low abrasion - about 8 vs 40 or so for regular low abrasion toothpastes, and toothpastes can go over 100), and brush with both together. It's working well so far while I continue to monitor.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
Silverlining
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Silverlining »

I'm pleased with the livionex. I do not have the browning issue. I've worked out a good process for controlling the amount dispensed as the product consistency is on the thin side. Hold the tube upside down before flipping the top open and carefully use gravity and slight squeeze to let a drop fall on the toothbrush. I've been using it on my dog who has horrific, intense plaque build up. The results are incredible, truly. Now I have to admit that I've never been as faithful brushing his teeth with regular toothpaste as I am now with the livionex, so I can't say with certainty that is the new product.
rep
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rep »

I use twice a day most days and still don't have browning so I must not have that protein.
My apologies to those who are browning as I'm the one that introduced this product to the forum.
ABrain4Me
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by ABrain4Me »

I contacted Livionex to see if they have some suggestions for resolving the 'browning" issue. Will let everyone know if I learn anything that helps.
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Post by J11 »

Livionex is helping our loved one with dementia. Thank you. Oral health is near the top of the list in managing severe dementia.

I am also glad to be using the Livionex product. I was impressed when I woke up one morning after using it and noticed there was no "morning" feel on my teeth. Often times I wake up and there is a whole layer of growth on the surface of my teeth. It was noticeably absent with this new toothpaste. I am also glad to have found a whole set of new dental strategies to try. I really must get on this oil pulling.

I think it is too bad that the research did not show what would happen with optimal dental management. People who are going to pay $20 for a tube of toothpaste might be described as being a bit oral. :lol: It would be nice to see what would result in a clinical study if someone brushed with a regular toothpaste and brushed with Total and brushed with Livionex (maybe also used twice daily mouthwash, oil pulling and Evora Plus and used dental floss and used a dental scalar at least once per week). Might be a little too intense for some of the amateurs though.
ABrain4Me
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by ABrain4Me »

I saw my hygienist and dentist today for the first time since using Livionex. I used for 2 months and stopped due to my teeth turning brown. Staff at Livionex told me to use a whitening toothpaste, which has had no impact on the browning. Although my hygienist noticed great improvement in plaque build up, she also noticed the browning. And guess what--- she couldn't remove, even with heroic efforts.
My dentist looked at my teeth and pronounced he would never recommend this toothpaste. There are 2 other patients in the practice who are in early stages of using. So now I'm faced with whitening treatments, with no guarantee that they will restore my teeth.
Looks like Livionex causes permanent browning if teeth in some of us. Would be nice if they used a disclaimer.

No thank you to this toothpaste.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

(((ABrain4Me))) That doesn't sound good. Just in case, try Rembrandt's Intense Stain? That's the only one I've found that gets the stain off at home when I had the problem with Colgate. Were you using the whitening toothpaste every time you brushed, or just a couple days a week? I tried the approach a couple days a week and it didn't work, but using baking soda before the Livionex each time works quite well. I also just saw the dentist after four months. There was minor staining that they could remove with that ultrasonic (?) instrument they have. I'm not sure if they could have scraped it off or not, or if the stain were much worse if it would have worked. But I wonder if your hygienist had the same tool? At any rate, I don't blame you for wanting to steer clear under the circumstances :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
ABrain4Me
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by ABrain4Me »

Circular-- my hygienist tried to remove the brown stains with both the water sonic treatment, as well as a manual tool. She said that coffee, wine, and tea stains readily remove this way, and this was way more problematic since the usual methods didn't work. She then spent extra time with both the sonic water treatment and manual tools and had no success. Then had my dentist look at the stains and give his opinion. The stains appear to be embedded in my teeth, and weren't there when I last had a cleaning, which was 4 months ago. Bummer.

I will try your recommended whitening toothpaste. Haven;t tried baking soda. Was using whitening toothpaste, per recommendation of Livionex customer service.

I'm going to communicate with them about the permanent damage to my teeth. I do love the plaque control aspect of the toothpaste.
KatieS
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by KatieS »

4Brain, that's a discouraging that the stains could not be removed with US or scaping. After almost a decade with the same hygienist, I had a new one, so it's difficult to know if I had more staining than usual. Should we photo our teeth like Mer did? I'm curious as to what the company thinks the likelihood of this non-removable staining if it is attributable to certain proteins in the saliva.
ABrain4Me
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by ABrain4Me »

I will get in touch with Livionex and let you know. My dentist and hygienist are very upset over the staining on my teeth, and interestingly, had both heard of Livionex. Based on how my teeth have reacted, my dentist will decline to ever recommend to anyone because of his own liability.