New Technology Toothpaste that Greatly Reduces Plaque

Fellowship for kindred spirits.
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Re: New Technology Toothpaste that Greatly Reduces Plaque

Post by J11 »

Just ordered! Can't wait to try it out.

It is too bad that the people who sell things door to door never try and sell something we actually want.
They always try to sell us something we already have 10 of.

We recently bought a tablet computer and really love it. If a door to door salesperson had made us aware of
such a technology we would have bought one years ago. We need technology missionaries who go out to save
the mental health of the people. Better living through technology.

We already have enough religious missionaries who are trying to save us.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

"The American Dental Association calls the product promising, but a spokesperson told 'CBS This Morning,' 'Livionex research appears to be in the early stages, and claims of effectiveness against plaque and gingivitis are premature.'"

Good enough for me. But they do say if you swallow it, no problem, all ingredients are "ingestible". They include stabilizers (recently associated with altering gut flora leading to inflammatory bowel disease) and blue dye. Of course most aren't likely to eat the stuff.

I suppose the ADA wants to know that if the main ingredient gets into one's system via the gums for a long time it doesn't cause problems???
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
Kim
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Kim »

I received the tooth paste in the mail yesterday and have used it twice. I am hooked already . It makes my teeth slick slick slick. I am going to the dentist on the 15th...curious if the hygienist will notice.

Kim
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Kim let us know what it can do in a short time frame. I wonder if that would be too soon to notice. In the study everyone started right after a full cleaning.
KatieS
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by KatieS »

Kim, when you go into your hygienist, you can request your dentist goes on their website and sets up for the professional code discount; then the dentist can give you their code for a 10% discount.
ABrain4Me
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by ABrain4Me »

I have a "high plaque" mouth and get 3 cleanings a year. Used Livionex last night and this morning and my teeth feel like I just saw the hygienist. I can't quite believe it--- works much better than Colgate total. I used the Livionex on my sonicare brush. Very expensive though.
KatieS
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by KatieS »

Livionex's instructions are to use a pea-sized amount spread evenly over your teeth before brushing, so I apply with a clean finger, then use my Sonicare. Hopefully, by avoiding waste, I'm get this 1.75 oz tube last a few months.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

I think their website said you can spread it around with the toothbrush before turning it on, so it doesn't all get driven into a couple teeth?
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

This stuff is either turning my teeth brown or not getting the coffee stains off. I think it's the former, since I'd just had a cleaning the week before I started using it. I've never seen stains build up this fast. Once I used a colgate product that had a chemical in it that stained some people's teeth brown. It came off using a highly abrasive toothpaste (Rembrandt for stains) which is terrible for my receding gums. Anyone else having this problem? Also most of my teeth have been smooth, but it's not getting the lower front teeth smooth front or back.
Kim
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Kim »

I have not had any problems at all with the new toothpaste. It works great. My dentist had not heard of it and was skeptical because it had not been approved by the ADA. He said he would look into it. He also said that the best unconventional teeth/mouth treatment he has seen is coconut oil pulling. He said that it is miraculous. I have done the oil pulling and it seems to feel the same as the new toothpaste. The oil pulling takes longer but is much cheaper. I am going to use the toothpaste for 6 months and see if the dentist can tell a difference. If not, I may just go back to the coconut oil.

Kim