New Technology Toothpaste that Greatly Reduces Plaque

Fellowship for kindred spirits.
MarcR
Mod
Mod

Re: New Technology Toothpaste that Greatly Reduces Plaque

Post by MarcR »

After about four weeks, I notice no visible changes. My teeth do feel smoother.

I took pictures of my teeth and gums before I started using it. I have some gingival recession (fortunately without inflammation) and am hoping for visible improvement.
rep
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rep »

My teeth are not turning brown.

As far as reducing plaque, the studies were performed on people beginning first with a dental cleaning.
ApropoE4
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ApropoE4 »

I was just in Los Gatos and thought I'd pay these guys a visit to give them back their seemingly worthless product, but couldn't find a time when their office was open :lol:
KatieS
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by KatieS »

ApropoE4, they informed me that their office is not set up for retail visits.

I have to use more than the recommended pea-sized amount, but brushing twice a day with about 3/4 of what you use off your regular toothpaste, seems to scrub clean without the harsh chemicals. However, I'm still brushing 3x/day with my usual Pro-Health, plus flossing 2-3x/day, tongue cleaning and water pick. Stopped the coconut pulling when my cholesterol was high. If I left out any more dental tricks , it's because, you can see I'm already over the top. Remember I have 4 SNPs that only occur in less than 2% of the population causing increased dental caries and periodontal disease. Although I have my teeth cleaned every four months, the hygienist doesn't even find plaque, it's just a pep talk to keep up such an onerous routine.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

The company has been helping me deal with the browning on my teeth. They say some people have a certain protein(s) or too much of them that interacts and causes the browning. They suggested I experiment and see whether using Livionex daily and a toothpaste with higher abrasion score 2 or 3 times a week helps control the protein buildup and browning. That didn't work, but I'm now "brushing" with my tongue and Livionex first, followed by dipping a wet toothbrush in baking soda (extremely low abrasion score) and brushing with that after. So far so good. I hope it works over time but I'm not sure if the baking soda will alter the pH of my mouth in a bad way, so I've asked that. Anyone here have thoughts on it? With this routine I can say I definitely see an improvement over my prior routine. My teeth feel smoother, are shinier, and I don't notice the plaque I could always see around my gum line due to the need to avoid abrasive toothpaste. It's possible that if someone has been using a highly abrasive toothpaste they may not see much difference, but highly abrasive toothpastes (which probably all "whitening" and "tarter control" are) aren't such a great idea.

https://www.google.com/search?client=sa ... 8&oe=UTF-8
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
ABrain4Me
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by ABrain4Me »

I've been using this toothpaste for about 2 months-- really like the plaque control..... But my teeth are also turning brown. Did anyone resolve this issue?
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

I've been using for a month. The plaque control is excellent. I don't seem to have the "turning brown" issue.
Tincup
E3,E4
ABrain4Me
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by ABrain4Me »

GeorgeN wrote:I've been using for a month. The plaque control is excellent. I don't seem to have the "turning brown" issue.
I didn't see any browning in the first month either-- it's occurring at end of second month of usage. I'm really bummed and using Tom's whitening toothpaste to see if I can clear it.
Kim
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Kim »

I do not see any browning after 3 tubes, but the prospect gives me pause about whether to use the product. Also, there seems to be very little product in the tube and I can't manage to dispense a "pea" like size (I am wasting a lot). I will probably not reorder unless some improvements are made and the price goes down.

Kim
KatieS
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by KatieS »

I haven't noticed any browning, possibly due to the fact that I still brush with my usual toothpaste, just using the Livionex twice daily. Also using my water pick (just luke warm water), my hygenist thought this decreased my usual coffee/tea stains, so maybe this daily practice prevents Livionex's staining.