Cataract surgery result is amazing

Fellowship for kindred spirits.
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Re: Cataract surgery result is amazing

Post by Tincup »

Starfish77 wrote:Hello everyone,
Somehow my posts from December of 2013 reappeared. My surgery was three years ago and my eyes are still fine.
Hi Starfish,

Looks like J11 recently posted in the 2013 thread, which popped it to the top of the active list.

Glad it is still working out!! I recall when my father (1980's) and grandfather (1960's) went through this. It was vastly different then. Thankfully technology has dramatically improved!!
Tincup
E3,E4
Starfish77
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Starfish77 »

Hi GeorgeN,
Thanks for explaining how the message reappeared after so many years.
Starfish
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Post by J11 »

Anyone try the training app that supposedly allows you to do away with reading glasses?

http://www.glassesoff.com/
Robin2038
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Robin2038 »

That's encouraging starfish
I have a cataract in my right eye that is annoying me but my left eye is fine so far. I am nearsighted but can read perfectly without glasses. I can't figure out how I would do with having one eye corrected with the multi focal Or what is best with my situation . Ophthalmologist isn't too clear (lol) about explaining how I would fare. I'll need to see another doc but Any idea??
Thanks
Robin
Starfish77
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Starfish77 »

I know that opthalmologists are not always very good about explaining the options. I assume if you have cataracts you are probably the age for Medicare. Medicare will pay for single vision (either near or distance). If you want multifocals you pay the difference. Some people have single vision in one eye and distance in the other. This is a technique that is used with contact lenses as well. I don't know if everyone's eyes will adapt to this process, but it certainly is used. If your eyes can adapt to that I'm sure you could have multivision in one eye and whatever your vision in the other. When they give you a multifocal, they can't be sure exactly what the vision you will get. They don't guarantee you will have 20/20.
I think I got 20/20 in one and 20/30 in the other. They also can't be exact in correcting for astigmatism. Some people still have astigmatism and need glasses to correct that.

Perhaps you can ask friends who have had cataract surgery for doctor referals. You want to get a doctor who has a lot of experience. Asking around a senior center can be a good place to get cataract surgery referrals.

Feel free to PM me if you have questions.