Olive Oil Brands

Fellowship for kindred spirits.
NewRon
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Olive Oil Brands

Post by NewRon »

MarcR wrote:The link I included in post #2 above provides that information to non-subscribers.
Sorry, I can't find any reference in the link you mentioned, other than references to freshness, purity and antioxidants, which are quite vague terms.

Julie, could you PM me a copy of the report from your olive oil company please? It seems to be quite a good product.
Apo E4/E4, Male, Age 60
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

NewRon- sorry, I can't find specific info on the web as my current stash may no longer be available. It's a South African called Don Carlos with a polyphenol count over 500. Amphora Nueva only sells EVOO that meets the ultra premium purity standards. Once again, their website doesn't display their highest polyphenol counts. The best way to get that information (at any given time) is to call Nate Bradley personally with the contact info I provided in my last post.
NewRon
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by NewRon »

Julie,

Thanks for that.

The link you just supplied should suffice. I'll email them and see what they say.
Apo E4/E4, Male, Age 60
bladedmind
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by bladedmind »

I meant to pass this along a while ago. I couldn't find good quality EVOO at a good price in San Diego and went online. After lengthy search I found Berkeley Olive Grove (not in Berkeley, but in Oroville). They offer organic EVOO and claim an average of 478 ppm polyphenols. I have been ordering the gallon quantity from them for two years. Small operation: after my first order the owner sent me a few chatty emails. I don't want to sound like a shill - they report third party evaluations at their website - if interested, just look and judge for yourself.
Torimintz
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Torimintz »

I love Arbequina oils. Spain, Portugal, maybe some in California.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

I recently switched from Amphora Nueva to Costco's Kirland brand as a trial, based on Kirland being much cheaper (even after our discount) and at the top of ConsumerLab's report for polyphenols and oleic acid. I was a bit concerned it might not be as fresh as Amphora, but I decided to give it a try. The 'use by' date is in 2020, so it's either fairly recently harvested or they allow too big a window for my comfort. I'll try to contact them and ask about that. I like the oil fine, but the big disappointment is that it comes in plastic bottles. That's bad in itself, and they also don't say 'BPA free' (not that BPA free guarantees there are no other problems in the plastic).

Did we agree a loooooong time back that it's best to store unused bottles in the fridge?
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
Richard McG
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Richard McG »

Just ordered from Amphora Nueva the best seasonal one they had was $18.00 a bottle......$16 to ship to Wester NY.
52 years of age, 4/4, BMI ~19, Omad, No cognitive decline as of yet ;)
SoCalGuy
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SoCalGuy »

circular wrote:I recently switched from Amphora Nueva to Costco's Kirland brand as a trial, based on Kirland being much cheaper (even after our discount) and at the top of ConsumerLab's report for polyphenols and oleic acid. I was a bit concerned it might not be as fresh as Amphora, but I decided to give it a try. The 'use by' date is in 2020, so it's either fairly recently harvested or they allow too big a window for my comfort. I'll try to contact them and ask about that. I like the oil fine, but the big disappointment is that it comes in plastic bottles. That's bad in itself, and they also don't say 'BPA free' (not that BPA free guarantees there are no other problems in the plastic).

Did we agree a loooooong time back that it's best to store unused bottles in the fridge?
I use the Kirkland brand that comes in the glass bottle based on Dr. Gundry's recommendation. I like it just fine and the price is very reasonable.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

SoCalGuy wrote: I use the Kirkland brand that comes in the glass bottle based on Dr. Gundry's recommendation. I like it just fine and the price is very reasonable.
Thanks SoCalGuy, indeed I had thought I was ordering the same as Dr. Gundry recommends but was mistaken. I may try the Kirkland in the glass bottle, but I’m caught between trying to reduce expenses and wanting reassurances about the oil’s polyphenol, oleic acid and peroxide status.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.