Permissable Snacks...??

Fellowship for kindred spirits.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Permissable Snacks...??

Post by circular »

udeskym I highly recommend doing some post prandial glucose testing to see what your personal reactions are to foods. Popcorn doesn't raise my blood sugar that much, while it sounds like it does for Julie for some reason.

Some time back I switched from baby carrots to regular large organic carrots. Now baby carrots are so uninteresting to me. They're sold more for sweetness and tenderness, but the big, mature carrots have a more interesting flavor if you buy organic ones, and I think the flavors in the large carrots probably reflect better nutritional breadth than the baby carrots? They only take a moment to cut into sticks. They also lead to more chewing, and chewing supports neurogenesis. (That's another reason I like the tiger nuts.)
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
Rogust
New User
New User

Post by Rogust »

I like "Carb Counters Baked Bagel Chips" (available at netrition.com) with a little almond butter, or full-fat cottage cheese, or salami-provolone, or guacamole dip.
Lucy5
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Lucy5 »

Hi Rogust! Thanks for sharing snacks that work for you...I'm a huge fan of guacamole myself (the only way I can seem to eat avacados). Looking forward to hearing more of your thoughts on the forum. Welcome to our site!
acornstwo
Contributor
Contributor

Post by acornstwo »

Someone tell me: What's an A2 cow?
Jan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jan »

A2 cows ... give milk that is naturally easy to digest - at least for most. I gave up dairy when food sensitivity tests showed it was clearly bad for me - and felt much better - but am able now to tolerate A2 milk occasionally very well.

Here's A2 milk's own website:

https://www.a2milk.com/

And here's a thread where it was discussed a lot.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3250&hilit=A2+cow
mrc cfnc fmchc
IFM/Bredesen Reversing Cognitive Decline training 2017
E2/E2
What is, is. What is, can be changed.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Re: RE: Re: Permissable Snacks...??

Post by Stavia »

acornstwo wrote:Someone tell me: What's an A2 cow?
Cow's milk protein (casein) comes in two different forms depending on the breed of cow. A2 casein producing cows are Jersey and Guernsey for instance, and A1 casein is produced by Holstein and Freisian cows. The A2 protein is considered by some to be less of a health issue in terms of allergy and inflammation. This view is not held by all scientists and is not universally accepted.
I try to eat A2 if I can.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SusanJ »

And just to point out, some of us here can't eat either type of dairy protein. YMMV.
acornstwo
Contributor
Contributor

Post by acornstwo »

Thanks, ladies.

Where I live we have Oreo cows, all black with a broad white band around the middle. So I thought I knew all about strange cows.
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SusanJ »

acornstwo wrote:Where I live we have Oreo cows, all black with a broad white band around the middle. So I thought I knew all about strange cows.
Ah, sounds like belted Galloways. Cool looking cows I have to say, but mostly used for beef, not milk production.

A2 milk is a new, hot thing, so it seems most A2 products are labelled as such. Let us know if you decide to try it and if you notice any difference.
acornstwo
Contributor
Contributor

Post by acornstwo »

They’re not milk for dipping Oreos? Disappointing. I’ve been watching for A2 at my local Raleys, which is really good with most of the things I’ve gone looking for. So far no. May have to go to the big city.