Any Information About Keto Packets?? I'm confused

Fellowship for kindred spirits.
Kathy
Contributor
Contributor

Any Information About Keto Packets?? I'm confused

Post by Kathy »

Hi Everyone, I have a question. My sister just became an affiliate for a company that sells Keto packets. She takes one a day and got me to try one. I had a bad reaction and felt my blood pressure sky rocket.
Is this a "healthy" supplement to take? I'm a bit worried about my sister's enthusiasm and afraid that someday (sooner rather than later) there will be a recall, or a study showing that packets of keto's are not a good thing. I'd love anyone's input on this. I hate to burst her bubble, but I'm pretty sure that eating to get to a ketogenic state would be the obvious choice. Although I'm still confused about why we need to get to that state in the first place... I'm E4/E4
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Re: Any Information About Keto Packets?? I'm confused

Post by Julie G »

Kathy, lots of us have had a poor reaction to MCT and other exogenous sources of ketones. One member described it as "rocket fuel." I misguidedly took a whole TBS of MCT the first time I tried it and instantly began sweating and shaking. I had a scary over-abundance of energy. I put on my running shoes and ran for miles until everything normalized. For some reason, I've noticed that us 4/4s seem to be the most sensitive. I still use ketosis, but prefer to get there through fasting, exercise, and mild carb restriction. When I do use MCT, (very occasionally) I only take a 1,000 mg capsule (a minuscule amount) compared to 1 TBS. I'm unfamiliar with Keto Packets can you provide a link?
Sandy57
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Any Information About Keto Packets?? I'm confused

Post by Sandy57 »

Yes Kathy please link the
product. Are you talking about exogenous ketones?

Frank