Spirit animal

Fellowship for kindred spirits.
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Spirit animal

Post by TheBrain »

Thanks, Thx4thegenes! It certainly took a huge chunk of my summer!

I forgot to mention that during my senior year of college, I took a course in psychobiology (which is what my degree is in). My major paper for that course was titled, "The Social Behavior of Lions."
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!
Thx4thegenes
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Thx4thegenes »

Well, there you go Alysson! No doubt about it, you definitely have a connection!
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by slacker »

This is one of my 2 spirit animals, rescue brothers. The picture is of Sweet cat posing for a mug shot...all that's missing is the rectangular tag with prison numbers (sorry, no side view).
IMG_0910-FELONIOUS.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Slacker
E4/E4
ru442
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ru442 »

Mine is a rare species, both child and adult, the youngest recently won a championship, the oldest not since 1985. What am I?

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk
Male 4/4 56 yrs., "Live, Laugh, Love"
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Re: RE: Re: Spirit animal

Post by Stavia »

ru442 wrote:Mine is a rare species, both child and adult, the youngest recently won a championship, the oldest not since 1985. What am I?

axolotl?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
ru442
Contributor
Contributor

Re: RE: Re: Spirit animal

Post by ru442 »

Stavia wrote:
ru442 wrote:Mine is a rare species, both child and adult, the youngest recently won a championship, the oldest not since 1985. What am I?

axolotl?

LOL! No... I am a Bear! (Chicago Cubs, Chicago Bears)
Male 4/4 56 yrs., "Live, Laugh, Love"
tesslo
Contributor
Contributor

Post by tesslo »

Great Pics sorry I missed the whole thing..my spirit animal would have to be, is a rabbit and wolf (dog)

I had a German Shepard who had a lot of wolf in her and when she died I felt sorry for her that she was domesticated and never got another pet after she died....she went walking and hiking almost everyday so she had the best life she could under the circumstances :|
Sparrow
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Sparrow »

What a fun topic!

I've felt kindred to wolves. It's hard to explain why. It's just something I've felt that I know.

I also envy hawks, for how they soar in the sky. One day I was at work, and I'd stepped out with my co-worker on her smoking break. There was a hawk sitting in a tree branch, maybe six feet up. I felt almost as though I could reach up and touch it. I admired it, and remembered that there was a digital camera in the office. I thought that if I went inside, the bird might fly off, but I had to try. I got about three pictures of the bird. I felt so privileged!

Then, it flew -- practically over my shoulder... and I felt the power of the wings moving the air around me. I still can close my eyes and remember... My heart seemed to skip a beat.

When I was a child, my grandfather and I used to flip through an Audubon book together and I remember being drawn to the absolutely terrifying picture of the red-tailed hawk with a rabbit in its talons, and now that I look again, I see that it was fending off another hawk... The picture was horrifying, but something you thought about and just couldn't take your eyes off of. My grandfather died of cancer in 1986, when I was 6 years old. I asked if I could have the book... Sadly, it was lost in a house-fire but I have memories every time I think about that print especially. I remember feeling the paper under my hands as we flipped through the book.

I've become a bird-watcher and I love photographing the birds, too. Some day I would love to travel and see a magnificent frigatebird... I even bird-watch in my sleep sometimes! :lol:
ZenGinner
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by ZenGinner »

Stavia wrote: Anyone else have an affinity for a particular animal?Image

Since my first trip to the Washington,DC zoo as a child, I have been in love with the black panther.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KK
52, ε4/ε4
Vegan
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Well for heaven's sake, while you all were in San Diego working out George's animal I was drinking my morning coffee from a Curious George mug where I was staying. As a child my mother always called me her monkey, and my favorite stuffed animal out of many was my monkey. But it's not my spirit animal. I have several and for some reason feel if I say what they are they will leave me? Hmmm. Psycho.

alysson that is georgous embroidery!
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.