What are you missing?

Fellowship for kindred spirits.
Ganesha
Contributor
Contributor

What are you missing?

Post by Ganesha »

For years now I have had an informal system of monitoring my functioning by noticing how many things are missing. Things like my phone, purse, keys, iPad, planner, book I'm reading, shoes, wedding ring, dog, child (only kidding a little bit on those last two). If I hit three or more it's a bad day and I should not drive (even if I have the keys). Today is thankfully just a one. The reason I'm sharing is what I can't find (after hours of looking) is a book: The End of Alzheimer's.

Ironic, right? ;)
Maryann
Contributor
Contributor

Re: What are you missing?

Post by Maryann »

Ha Ha Ganesha! Sounds like you have not lost the most important thing.... Your sense of humor! It is a great gift!
Orangeblossom
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Orangeblossom »

Yesterday, I missed my keys and had to ring the in laws to let me in. I am 41. Every time something like that happens I do worry it is due to the gene, but try to remind myself I'm a busy mum and not surprising I miss things sometimes!
NathanRs
Contributor
Contributor

Post by NathanRs »

I Smiled:) good sence of homor helps us to live better and longer life folks :)
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by slacker »

I remember seeing a mother in her 30's or 40's many years ago who complained of memory loss. The example that stayed with me was mixing up her children's names. Turns out she had 4 or 5 children, all of which she home schooled. Can you imagine the stress? I gave her reassurance, and encouraged her to come back if things seemed to be worsening.
Slacker
E4/E4