Reference Management Software

Fellowship for kindred spirits.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Reference Management Software

Post by circular »

I've been using the free version of Mendeley software recently. It's extremely helpful for organizing and working with all the research papers. Unfortunately I just learned that Mendeley really hasn't had any Mac support for some time and doesn't work with High Sierra OS, which I'm ready to upgrade my Mac to.

Does anyone have a good Mac reference organization software, preferably free (at least until you use x amount of storage)? I could just keep using Mendeley online, but I'd miss a lot of the helpful features of the desktop version the online account syncs with. I would sure like it if I could somehow import my Mendeley library to the new tool too.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Reference Management Software

Post by circular »

I found an update from Mendeley in the support forum. It looks like they are working on High Sierra compatibility.
OCT 19, 2017 08:51AM BST
Mendeley Agent
Hi,

We deeply regret that both Sierra and High Sierra is not yet supported in the latest versions of Mendeley desktop.

Currently we are using QT 5.5.1 which is not compatible with QT 5.9 that Sierra uses however we are aiming to migrate to this soon.

Apologies and thank you for the patience.
Despite what they say, I've been using Mendeley desktop in Sierra for a little while now without any issues that I know of.
apod
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by apod »

I've never come across Mendeley -- pretty cool app.

I tend to just throw everything in a big Evernote pile of copy pasta.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

I love Mendeley. It's working in High Sierra so far but I haven't had time to put it through any paces, bit that it's very complicated software.