No amount of alcohol is safe

Fellowship for kindred spirits.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

No amount of alcohol is safe

Post by Julie G »

This is the conclusion of a 2014 World Cancer Report issued by WHO. (I've placed it in the off-topic section as it refers to neither AD nor CVD, but cancer exclusively.) I thought it Important enough to share, especially for those with a family history or vulnerable SNPs.

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/824237
Welcomeaboard
Contributor
Contributor

Re: No amount of alcohol is safe

Post by Welcomeaboard »

Except for the ones that are in that UCI study that claims that moderate alcohol consumption led to longer lives.( Laguna Woods study). So there is a conundrum for you and the rest to ponder.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

...and in the recent Mediterranean Diet study. But the guidelines there, encouraged drinking wine only if one was habituated. They certainly didn't encourage participants to begin drinking if they didn't.

I'm waiting for the study that encourages ApoE4s to enjoy a glass of wine with meals/friends :roll: Good occasion to host an E4 party!
Doctor Lost
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Doctor Lost »

Now they tell me.
Gina99
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Gina99 »

I stopped several years ago due to idiopathic tachycardia, palpitations; and absolutely do not feel well if I do heart and mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doctor Lost
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Doctor Lost »

once again, my mother was right
bentkat
Contributor
Contributor

Post by bentkat »

From my experience, I think a glass or two of red wine is safer than crossing streets in Austin. Now I'm not suggesting wine before walking in Austin, but imbibing in the comfort of your home.
8-)
LillyBritches
Contributor
Contributor

Post by LillyBritches »

LOL @ bentkat! I'll just say that in my youth, I was always the first one worshiping the god of porcelain post a night of drinking debauchery. I never could handle it well, and I knew my body loathed it. Also, even mild drinking would give me a headache and upset my stomach. I mean, I can handle it a tad...but that's about it.

I think my body just knew it was poison for me. Now that I know I'm double 4, I'm so not surprised.
I'm just a oily slick in a windup world with a nervous tick.
hairyfairy
Contributor
Contributor

Post by hairyfairy »

I do seem to have a fairly high tolerance for alcohol. I don`t get drunk easily or quickly as a rule, but I`m more careful nowadays not to have too much because I prefer to remain in control of myself & not do anything stupid like I used to when I was younger & would drink so much that I`d pass out.