Instant Pot

Fellowship for kindred spirits.
Jan
Contributor
Contributor

Instant Pot

Post by Jan »

So many on the site have talked about their Instant Pot ... I had no idea it was so popular. The Facebook group has over a million members. I absolutely am going to get one.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Instant ... ity/about/
mrc cfnc fmchc
IFM/Bredesen Reversing Cognitive Decline training 2017
E2/E2
What is, is. What is, can be changed.
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Instant Pot

Post by SusanJ »

If you've ever used a pressure cooker in the past, this is so easy in comparison. Set and no fuss.

Plus there are many other things you can do with it. Many Paleo recipe bloggers are posting recipes for them these days, too.

Enjoy!
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JML »

I just received one last month. Still experimenting.

What are your favorite recipes using the Instant Pot? Please post them on our Recipe Collecting thread! Then I will transfer them to our Wiki page.
Julie
Daughter of 4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board-Certified Health & Wellness Coach
ReCODE 2.0 Certified Health Coach
CarrieS
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CarrieS »

I've had my Instant Pot for over a year now. Love it for making soup stock, cooking beans, squash, etc. I don't eat much in the way of grains but my son uses it for rice. It's great for tenderizing meat. This has been a great addition to my kitchen tools. There are so many recipes on line now that help to take the mystery out timing too.
APOe4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Certificate for Reversing Cognitive Decline for Coaches (FMCA)
Certified Fermentationist
Jennifer
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jennifer »

We've had ours for almost a year and use it AT LEAST once per week. It's great to hardboil eggs to perfection (you actually pressure steam them). It also does an outstanding job of cooking chicken for shredding . I have several of recipes that we've tweaked and use very regularly. The best thing about it is the "set it and forget it." Put the stuff in, turn it on, go read a book. ;)

I would highly recommend checking out Pinterest. There are a bazillion recipes on there for the instant pot.
HeatherLst
Contributor
Contributor

Post by HeatherLst »

I’ve had one for two years now and use it at least once a day. I loved it so much I bought the 8 qt on sale last June, so now I have two. One for main dish and one for sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
APOE4/4
dingter
Contributor
Contributor

Post by dingter »

We've had amazing experiences with the instant pot. Our ceramic crock pot cracked and we ended up getting one and replacing our slow cooker with it. We've made soups and frequently use it for rice for sushi or rice bowls.
McGido
Contributor
Contributor

Post by McGido »

I have another recommendation ! Breville Steam Zone... veggies are ready in like 5-10 minutes, great for fish as well. Best way to cook veggies to minimize nutrient loss. I am for sure going to look into this instant pot as well.
Fc1345linville
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Fc1345linville »

Confession: When I read the title of the post, I assumed someone had come up with a new way to imbibe marijuana, and it sounded interesting! :? I have never heard of this pressure cooker. :(
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

Careful, Fc1345linville, you'll shock the youngsters with your 1960's references! There are more secrets to longevity than supplements, eh?
4/4 and still an optimist!