Saturday, December 17 2016

Fellowship for kindred spirits.
NancyM
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Saturday, December 17 2016

Post by NancyM »

I’ve been wondering - what was so special about 12/17/16 that it still stands as the day the forum had more visitors at once than any other day (118)? Was there a live event or something? Anybody know?
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Saturday, December 17 2016

Post by NF52 »

NancyM wrote:I’ve been wondering - what was so special about 12/17/16 that it still stands as the day the forum had more visitors at once than any other day (118)? Was there a live event or something? Anybody know?
Happy Easter, Nancy

(I'm assuming that anybody with the name Nancy has an Easter Basket or two in her life story!)

I think a few different factors led to that one-day record: The New York Times had an article with the eye-catching question: What if You Knew Alzheimer’s Was Coming for You? in their Sunday Review section. Julie G was prominently (and deservedly) described for her personal journey after learning her Apoe 4/4 status and for the site. Dr. Bredesen's book had been published in August and was getting a lot of attention. I imagine people had sent away for 23 & me tests after reading his book and the NYT article, and some were checking out the forum. It was also a Saturday, when maybe people had done their holiday shopping and decided to "lurk" for a bit! https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... r-You.html

We're happy when people find this community, whether they browse and leave, or stay and share their stories and discoveries!
4/4 and still an optimist!
MarcR
Mod
Mod

Post by MarcR »

NF52, the busiest day was in 2016, not 2017. And NancyM, I don't know the answer to your question or even have a good guess.
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

I never even considered that it could have been 2016--good thing I'm not an air traffic controller!
NancyM
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by NancyM »

NF52 wrote:I never even considered that it could have been 2016--good thing I'm not an air traffic controller!
Thanks for your insight - your arguments were so convincing I wasn't going to mention that the year was wrong! I hope you also had a very Happy Easter!
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

Any Easter spent with a 2 1/2 year old grandson--who decided to dress in stretch pants, t-shirt and a plaid sport jacket with his shoes on the wrong feet--and his 5 year old sister in a pink flouncy dress and crocs (the better to climb on the playground equipment) is a great Easter! Add in their parents, and my husband's birthday and our two sons calling their dad for long conversations and it was a little slice of heaven!

I'm just glad I didn't make that "what year is it?" mistake on the Clinical Trial cognitive exam I recently took!!
NancyM
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by NancyM »

NF52 wrote:Any Easter spent with a 2 1/2 year old grandson--who decided to dress in stretch pants, t-shirt and a plaid sport jacket with his shoes on the wrong feet--and his 5 year old sister in a pink flouncy dress and crocs (the better to climb on the playground equipment) is a great Easter! Add in their parents, and my husband's birthday and our two sons calling their dad for long conversations and it was a little slice of heaven!

I'm just glad I didn't make that "what year is it?" mistake on the Clinical Trial cognitive exam I recently took!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sounds like a wonderful Easter Sunday!