A favourite dish to eat

Fellowship for kindred spirits.
anne from california
Contributor
Contributor

Re: A favourite dish to eat

Post by anne from california »

floramaria wrote:
Lindy wrote:What a great topic, floramaria! I think my great discovery was raw organic almond butter (I buy Artisana's version). It is insanely delicious and can be used as a decadent dip or stuffing for raw foods - celery, apple, jicama. or any plate of mixed raw vegetables. But my favorite thing to dip in almond butter is raw strawberries - it makes me feel like I'm having dessert in a five-star restaurant.
Hi Lindy, I am with you on The Artisana raw O almond butter 100% ; it has been one of my favorite Foods for a few years. It elevates everything it touches!
Count me as another one who loves the Artisana raw organic almond butter. Wish it didn't cost so much!

I've really gotten into my lunchtime salads, especially since I got the high-polyphenol Amphora Nueva evoo to mix with some lemon juice and drizzle over the top. So peppery and lively! For me, it's all about mixing up the greens to include different ones from different local farms. So sick of the Earthbound Farms and Organic Girl that everyone sells! I know foodborne illness can happen anywhere, but I've gotten really leery of mass-produced produce, especially with the recent romaine poisoning.
60 years old, ApoE 3/3, mother and grandmother have/had late-onset dementia, eager to save brain and optimize health.
Thank you all for sharing your knowledge!
Rainbow
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Rainbow »

I like making "buns" from ground flaxseed, chia, desiccated coconut and one extra-large egg. I just mix everything together with some water and microwave in a mug! They go really well with nut butters, but today I'm having them with mashed-up avo. The other things in the photo are kale and mushrooms sautéd in coconut oil (served with olive oil and lemon juice).
Food.jpg
I'm also a fan of coconut yoghurt, although I rarely buy it because when I do, I just can't put it down. :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
4/4
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

What an appropriate recipe for someone named "Rainbow": colorful, healthy and sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing with a picture; always helps those of us who can't picture any recipe. ;)
4/4 and still an optimist!
hello123
Contributor
Contributor

Post by hello123 »

Wanted to eat a light dinner tonight. Had wild caught smoked salmon, red onions, cream cheese, capers in a lettuce wrap. Avocado on the side with just a little salt. Yummy! For breakfast my favorite plain yogurt brand is Organic Valley Grassmilk. Has a picture of a cow. A must try. I eat it with blueberries, nuts, unsweetened coconut flakes and cinnamon. Simple and delicious.
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JML »

I am salivating reading about everyone's favorite foods. I may take some of your recipes and add them to our Wiki page. There is another thread where you can submit your recipes--it's never too late to send in your favorite ones!
Julie
Daughter of 4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board-Certified Health & Wellness Coach
ReCODE 2.0 Certified Health Coach
Rainbow
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Rainbow »

What an appropriate recipe for someone named "Rainbow": colorful, healthy and sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing with a picture; always helps those of us who can't picture any recipe. ;)
Thanks for the kind words, your message made my day a bit brighter! :D
I am salivating reading about everyone's favorite foods. I may take some of your recipes and add them to our Wiki page. There is another thread where you can submit your recipes--it's never too late to send in your favorite ones!
Thanks for pointing this out! I love all these food threads. 8-)
4/4
Sara
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Sara »

My favorite go to when I am weak and just need a sweet treat. This is my adaptation of a recipe from ketoislife.com called Low Carb Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookie Bars.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
1 cup almond butter (crunchy or creamy - I use creamy)
2 eggs
1/2 cup granular Swerve (erythritol) minus one tbs
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
5 drops (1ml) liquid stevia
1/2 cup sugar free chocolate chips - I use Lily chips sweetened with stevia

Add all ingredients to a bowl and stir until thoroughly combined. You don't need a mixer. I use a wooden spoon.
Spread mixture in a greased 8x8 pan and bake 12 to 14 minutes or until slightly brown on top. Watch closely and be careful not to overcook as they will harden as they cool. Once they have cooled I freeze most of them and only have one or two once in a while. (If I don't freeze them I eat them!) Lastly, for a variation you can add some chopped nuts or 1/3 cup of oatmeal and make them as cookies. May need to add a little water to offset the oatmeal.
Certified ReCODE 2.0 Brain Health Coach, MOCA Certified
MBA, Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach, National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Brain Health Professional - Amen University
Surviving loved one who transitioned with AD
Lindy
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Lindy »

floramaria wrote:My favorite food discoveries since I made dietary adjustments are Siete tortillas (no grain and totally addictive) and CocoYo (a super tangy coconut yogurt) with blueberries.
Thanks for the tip, floramaria - I finally found a local source of Siete tortillas (two different kinds!) and they are filling the formerly vacant tortilla and bread niche for me. So delicious! Sometimes I use them out of the package without heating as wraps but they are very good and a bit more satisfying if I warm them in the oven a minute or two.
APOE-ε4/ε4 on the voyage of discovery.
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

Lindy wrote:
Thanks for the tip, floramaria - I finally found a local source of Siete tortillas (two different kinds!) and they are filling the formerly vacant tortilla and bread niche for me. So delicious! Sometimes I use them out of the package without heating as wraps but they are very good and a bit more satisfying if I warm them in the oven a minute or two.
You are welcome, Lindy. Happy you are enjoying them!
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
lamb chops
Contributor
Contributor

Post by lamb chops »

Siete also makes cassava tortilla chips! We like the ones with lime the best, but they make sea salt and nacho types as well.