A favourite dish to eat

Fellowship for kindred spirits.
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Re: A favourite dish to eat

Post by floramaria »

lamb chops wrote:Siete also makes cassava tortilla chips! We like the ones with lime the best, but they make sea salt and nacho types as well.
Haven’t tried , or even heard of the chips yet, but I’ll be looking for them tomorrow when I go to town. In my grain eating days, there was a chip with lime that I loved! Many reasons these Siete Chips will be the replacement.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
PBW
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by PBW »

I love roasted veggie medley in the oven. I caramelize onions or shallots, garlic, mushrooms, in Evoo butter flavored olive oil (no dairy) and whatever fresh herbs I have growing in an iron skillet, while I cut cauliflower, sweet potatoes or parsnips, and broccoli and toss with the olive oil salt and pepper and put it in the skillet with the others and pop it in the oven to roast. I vary the spices and sometimes add walnuts. Yum!
SleepyGirl80
New User
New User

Post by SleepyGirl80 »

Magda wrote:I like to share new recipes and product;
Although, I am not very creative in the kitchen, I am very particular about what I and my family eat so I always search for new recipes and cookbooks. I would like to share with you that recipes from Dr Gundy's new Cookbook are very good. I have made a few so far- all delicious- but my favorite is a "sweet bite":
Chocolate mint cookies:)
1 cup creamy almond butter
2/3 cup confectioner's swerve
2 tbs non-dutched cocoa powder
1 tbs os coconut flower
2 tbs of water
2 large eggs
2 tbs melted, salted butter or coconut oil
11/2 tsp pure peppermint extract
1 tsp gf baking soda
1/4 cup chopped bittersweet chocolate
Preheat oven to 350. Line a rimmed baking sheet with silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
In a large bowl combine all the ingredients, using a standing mixer with the paddle attachment or some serious arm strength, mix until all ingredients are well combined. Fold in chopped chocolate. Form the cookies dough into 2 inch balls to produce 12 cookies. Place on the baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Allow cookies to cool. Enjoy. (Page 226)

I also like to make super simple dish (not from the cookbook), sardines with pickles, radishes, parsley, and olive oil. The kind of pickles matters :) I particularly like this brand: https://bubbies.com/
Really simple and tasty, if you like sardines:)

Magda
This would come in handy! Thanks!
Working hard and working smart sometimes can be two different things.
dcox
Contributor
Contributor

Post by dcox »

SleepyGirl80 wrote:
Magda wrote:I like to share new recipes and product;
Although, I am not very creative in the kitchen, I am very particular about what I and my family eat so I always search for new recipes and cookbooks. I would like to share with you that recipes from Dr Gundy's new Cookbook are very good. I have made a few so far- all delicious- but my favorite is a "sweet bite":
Chocolate mint cookies:)
1 cup creamy almond butter
2/3 cup confectioner's swerve
2 tbs non-dutched cocoa powder
1 tbs os coconut flower
2 tbs of water
2 large eggs
2 tbs melted, salted butter or coconut oil
11/2 tsp pure peppermint extract
1 tsp gf baking soda
1/4 cup chopped bittersweet chocolate
Preheat oven to 350. Line a rimmed baking sheet with silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
In a large bowl combine all the ingredients, using a standing mixer with the paddle attachment or some serious arm strength, mix until all ingredients are well combined. Fold in chopped chocolate. Form the cookies dough into 2 inch balls to produce 12 cookies. Place on the baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Allow cookies to cool. Enjoy. (Page 226)

I also like to make super simple dish (not from the cookbook), sardines with pickles, radishes, parsley, and olive oil. The kind of pickles matters :) I particularly like this brand: https://bubbies.com/
Really simple and tasty, if you like sardines:)

Magda
This would come in handy! Thanks!
Welcome SleepyGirl80!
From your posts it looks as though you are in the process of seeking healthy ways to eat and prepare food to enhance cognitive performance. You have come to a great community of people who are passionate about preventing, reversing and stopping Alzheimer's, dementia and cognitive decline in their tracks.

We would love to hear your story and what brought you to ApoE4.info, your can post your story on the Our Stories page.

As you will find as you explore this site, you will find there is a huge amount of information in these amazing pages. Here are a few highly recommended pages that will give you great places to start taking a deeper dive into the site: the Wiki Page, where you will find some more in depth topics, for example here is our recipe page; "How-To" get the most out of the APoE4.info website page, is very easy to use and will allow you to spend your time on the site more efficiently. I also highly recommend the Primer it's a great place to start and to learn more about AD, it was written by Stavia, one of our most active members who is also a doctor, and is E4/E4 herself.

I encourage you to share and ask questions, we are here to support and encourage each other!
Happy exploring and learning!

Enjoy your journey and find your joy,
Deb
Deb
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
Enrolled in Reversing Cognitive Decline for Coaches
Choose Hope