Looking for a doctor in Charleston, SC

Fellowship for kindred spirits.
caroline8o9
New User
New User

Looking for a doctor in Charleston, SC

Post by caroline8o9 »

I am looking for a doctor in Charleston, SC that will work with me on ordering the appropriate Bredesen Protocol labs. Does anyone have a recommendation?

Thank you!
Lucy5
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Looking for a doctor in Charleston, SC

Post by Lucy5 »

Hi Caroline and welcome!

I did a quick search on our site and didn't immediately find a provider in Charleston. However, I'd like to suggest you keep an eye on our Wiki (easily accessed along the top of this page) which has a growing list of ApoE4 aware Healthcare Practitioners along with other interesting & helpful information. Also, we have an active Practitioner Review forum found here where members discuss ApoE4 aware professionals they've worked with. That said, a number of us have found that our own GPs are willing to learn a bit about the Bredesen Protocol and work with us when it comes to ordering/evaluating labs we feel are important. Our Search function (the magnifying icon along the top of this page) is a useful tool for doing deep dives into our forums.

In the meantime, if you haven't found it yet, we recommend you read our site Primer written by a member physician which will help you prioritize lifestyle changes you may want to make as you learn more. Also, if at any point you'd like a share a bit about what brought you here, feel free to introduce yourself in the Our Stories forum.

And as you have more questions, Caroline, ask away! I'm hoping if any of our members has a tip for a practitioner in the Charleston area, they'll reach out and let you know soon.
warmly, Lucy
Sara
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Sara »

Hi Caroline and welcome to the apoe4.info site! We are glad that you found us and stopped by for a visit. As Lucy mentioned we would love to learn more about you and are here to help you with any questions you might have.
Certified ReCODE 2.0 Brain Health Coach, MOCA Certified
MBA, Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach, National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Brain Health Professional - Amen University
Surviving loved one who transitioned with AD
cjrobinson
New User
New User

Post by cjrobinson »

HI caroline8o9; I was just wondering if you ever found a resource in South Carolina to order the Breseden Protocol labs.

Thanks!
carol
summer0088
Contributor
Contributor

Post by summer0088 »

cjrobinson wrote:HI caroline8o9; I was just wondering if you ever found a resource in South Carolina to order the Breseden Protocol labs.

Thanks!
carol
Hi cjrobinson! Welcome to the site! I hope caroline8o9 found a resource that's helpful or if there aren't any yet available in South Carolina, I hope one comes available soon!

In the meantime, if you haven't already explored the forum, here are some areas that you may find helpful. The "How-to" guide in the wiki link is great and helps to get the most out of the Apoe4 website. You may also want to view the Primer, written by one of our physician members and is a great introduction. Also, feel free to introduce yourself to the community in the Our Stories section.

So happy to have you here, cjrobinson!
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

caroline8o9 wrote:I am looking for a doctor in Charleston, SC that will work with me on ordering the appropriate Bredesen Protocol labs. Does anyone have a recommendation?
Thank you!
cjrobinson wrote:HI caroline8o9; I was just wondering if you ever found a resource in South Carolina to order the Breseden Protocol labs.

Thanks!
carol
Welcome, Carol! Our forum software doesn't automatically notify users of someone replying to their post unless we use the "quote" function by clicking on the quotation mark in the upper right hand corner of their post. Doing that brings their post over to the Posting/Editing page, as I did by quoting both caroline809 and you. So if she has found a Dr. in S. Carolina, she can share it with us!

Here's some other suggestions to find providers and sources for Dr. Bredesen's labs:
1) If you just want to order some or most of the labs recommended in Dr. Bredesen's book, without needing a report on the results beyond what labs provide, your current health care provider may be able to order at least some through your insurance. All or most also can be ordered through direct-to-consumer lab options, which you can read about in our wiki section on Direct to Consumer Lab Testing Options.

2) If you want to see options for prioritizing which labs you should order, either to stay within your budget or because you know certain areas are well within normal limits, or other areas have been a concern for your or in family history, you may want to check out this section of our Primer, written by a practicing physician who with ApoE 4/4: Biomarkers

3) If you are looking for a provider who can both order the labs and interpret the results because that person has completed training in the Bredesen Protocol, then you may want to check these resources from our Wiki:
Searching for a Healthcare Practitioner
ApoE4-Aware Healthcare Practitioners

Feel free to share your story and any other questions! We learn best from each other's experiences and insights.
4/4 and still an optimist!