Morning mineral cocktail?

Fellowship for kindred spirits.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Morning mineral cocktail?

Post by circular »

I take this potassium magnesium aspartate three times a day for leg and foot cramps. Not sure why this form works better for me than others, but Dr. Gundry happened to recommend it and it seems to really help. I can still get them if I'm dehydrated, but seldom since I don't normally get dehydrated. True the salt's important especially when in ketosis, but it wasn't enough for me.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
KellyS
Contributor
Contributor

Post by KellyS »

My morning cocktail is to feed my thyroid - I have coconut milk (and we use Berkley-filtered water), avocado, greens, carrots, celery, cucumber, beef protein, and blueberries. Sometimes I'll throw in some matcha tea and/or mint leaves. I should throw in some ginger and turmeric roots. Yum!
Holistic Healthcare Practitioner
Functional Medicine Health Coach - Candidate
apoe4.info intern
AnnK
Contributor
Contributor

Post by AnnK »

Fun thread...I love hearing what everyone is doing! I start my day out with grass-fed kefir and supplements. In the evening, once a week or more, I do almond milk, greens, avocado, a couple pieces of frozen banana, blueberries, and collagen protein. I might mix it up now using some of these great ideas! Cheers!
Rainbow
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Rainbow »

I can't wait to try some of these ideas. The turmeric and ginger sounds great.

I usually drink espresso in the morning. I used to drink coffee with cream, but I've finally managed to ditch the dairy. I found that once the cream was gone, the taste and strength of the coffee became more important, so I switched to something stronger and darker. However, I worry about the cortisol bump and other potential negative effects of caffeine. It sometimes makes me jittery, which is probably a sign that I'm having too much. Also, perhaps the combination of fasting and caffeine could put too much stress on the body.

In any case, I'd like to experiment with alternatives, so will give this a go!
4/4
McGido
Contributor
Contributor

Post by McGido »

KellyS wrote:My morning cocktail is to feed my thyroid - I have coconut milk (and we use Berkley-filtered water), avocado, greens, carrots, celery, cucumber, beef protein, and blueberries. Sometimes I'll throw in some matcha tea and/or mint leaves. I should throw in some ginger and turmeric roots. Yum!
I've been thinking of cycling in something like this in the morning every now and then. I'm so accustomed to fasting and just having coffee or bulletproof coffee, I don't even know what it's like to have any semblance of breakfast anymore. Might have try this soon!
tesslo
Contributor
Contributor

Post by tesslo »

Hello,
Hot organic coffee! with coconut oil every once and awhile....I don't even need to put lip gloss on these dried old lips afterwards...good to go...

In the evening I drink HOT lemon water with juice half a lemon and throw the lemon in after squeezing the juice out with one drop stevia. I am going to throw some ginger in now because when it gets hot I get dizzy when walking.
Rainbow
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Rainbow »

Tim Ferriss likes pu'erh tea with butter, coconut oil, turmeric and ginger (see here for recipe). Kind of like bulletproof tea. He also mentions yerba maté. But perhaps it's worth being mindful of heavy metals in tea (see this thread).

My gut really really hates the butter-and-MCT-oil combo (or maybe it's just the MCT oil... or just the butter), so I wouldn't try this concoction, but tea with turmeric and ginger does sound really great.
4/4