Anyone know of Bredesen Practitioners in GA or TN?

Fellowship for kindred spirits.
mcpemberton2000
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone know of Bredesen Practitioners in GA or TN?

Post by mcpemberton2000 »

Hi all,

Not sure if this where to ask this or not. If not, please re-direct me. I've got a good friend whose mom is just starting to show memory decline. She lives in TN but he lives in GA. Does anyone know of any Bredesen practitioners in either state?

Thanks in advance!!
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Anyone know of Bredesen Practitioners in GA or TN?

Post by floramaria »

mcpemberton2000 wrote:Hi all,

Not sure if this where to ask this or not. If not, please re-direct me. I've got a good friend whose mom is just starting to show memory decline. She lives in TN but he lives in GA. Does anyone know of any Bredesen practitioners in either state?

Thanks in advance!!
HI mcpemberton2000,
My understanding is that to access a list of practitioners who have gone through Dr Bredesen´s training, one must sign up for ReCODE with a one year commitment. Once someone is signed up, the list of practitioners is searchable by state and also by a radius around any zip code. There is also a section in our Wiki that has a list of practitionersñ it is still very incomplete but you could look there.
Best wishes to you, your friend´s mother and your friend..
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
4/4
New User
New User

Post by 4/4 »

Center for Restorative Medicine in Hendersonville, TN.
Sanctuary Functional Medicine, Franklin TN.
Dr. Pardu, Knoxville, TN.
Lawrence Health and Wellness, Tocca GA.
There are several others near Atlanta I'm assuming that is too far south.
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

Welcome 4/4. Glad you found us! Some resources, if you haven't stumbled upon them yet. A primer, written by a GP. How to get the most out of the site, wiki. and the wiki in general. Lastly the search function.. This can be reached by clicking on the magnifying glass to the left of your name.

Thanks for posting this helpful info!
Tincup
E3,E4
Jane
New User
New User

Post by Jane »

Anyone know of a physician in the Asheville,NC area trained on the Bredesen Protocol?
GLS18
Contributor
Contributor

Post by GLS18 »

Jane wrote:Anyone know of a physician in the Asheville,NC area trained on the Bredesen Protocol?
Hello Jane and a warm welcome to our community!

While I did not find any practitioners located in Asheville, NC, I did find a practitioner in Davidson, NC here: ApoE4-Aware Health Care Practitioners. Though an NC practitioner does not seem to be represented, you may still find this link useful, Practitioner Reviews. You can continue to check in via this forum and/or topic for the latest information. If you would like to learn how to subscribe to this forum/topic for notification of new posts and discover tips on navigating this site, click here: How To Get The Most From The ApoE4.Info Website. Section 5 of this brilliant guide explains how to do a search and you can try doing further searches of the forums for North Carolina practitioners. MPI Cognition is another resource. Please note that the company is undergoing a transition and there are fees associated with locating a Bredesen trained practitioner.

A couple of things to keep in mind that may be of support in expanding your search: there are many excellent physicians with a focus on cognitive health who are not Bredesen trained and many physicians utilize telemedicine. This means that you may be able to do all of your visits, or at least follow-ups after your initial in-person visit, through a teleconferencing platform like Zoom, for example.

There are many wonderful resources on the site to empower you while searching for a practitioner, including the Primer. It is beautifully compiled by Stavia, a physician and fellow member.

It would be fantastic to learn more about what led you here. If you would like to share, please tell us your story here: Our Stories.

Wishing you all the best with your search! Keep us posted:)
Gina
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
Reversing Cognitive Decline For Coaches Certification Candidate, Fall 2018
"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." - Mahatma Gandhi
Nick L.
New User
New User

Post by Nick L. »

Dr. Mary Kay Ross in Savannah, GA
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

Nick L. wrote:Dr. Mary Kay Ross in Savannah, GA
Welcome, Nick! Thanks for offering information about Dr. Ross. It's always helpful when members share their personal experience and knowledge with the community. Dr. Ross also happens to be one of the practitioners listed in the Wiki section on ApoE4-Aware Healthcare Practitioners. The Wiki itself is a resource for those looking for a deep dive into ApoE-4-related topics. How to get the most out of the ApoE4.info website is designed to quickly help members learn how to quote users so they see your replies, search for topics, find unread posts and subscribe to forums of interest.

If you've been a patient of Dr. Ross, and would like to add to an earlier review of her on our user-written Practitioner Reviews, feel free. We also welcome anyone sharing their own path to finding this forum, and their personal health discoveries, successes and continued questions on Our Stories. We strongly value the shared wisdom of people most directly dealing with ApoE 4. Thanks for joining!
4/4 and still an optimist!
Gillyp
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Gillyp »

I also wanted to add my welcome, Nick. Thanks for taking the time to post your information about Dr. Ross in Savannah, GA. I'm sure this will be helpful to members of our community that are in the Savannah area. NF52 has suggested some links that you might find helpful. Feel free to post any questions that you may have and certainly share any information that could be helpful to the rest of us. Welcome again.
ND, Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
FMCA/Reversing Cognitive Decline - Pending Fall 2018
Karina52
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Karina52 »

Anyone know of one in the Atlanta area?