San Francisco / Marin County recommendations?

Fellowship for kindred spirits.
bikerman
Contributor
Contributor

San Francisco / Marin County recommendations?

Post by bikerman »

I signed up for the Bredesen program, and met with an MD today in SF but it seemed that I knew more than him about the RECODE protocol and APOE in general. Does anyone have recommendations for Bredesen trained physicians in SanFrancisoc or Marin?

Much Appreciated!

Bikerman
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Re: San Francisco / Marin County recommendations?

Post by slacker »

bikerman wrote:I signed up for the Bredesen program, and met with an MD today in SF but it seemed that I knew more than him about the RECODE protocol and APOE in general. Does anyone have recommendations for Bredesen trained physicians in San Francisco or Marin?

Bikerman
Sorry to hear about your disappointing experience.

I would think that you would have access to more ReCode provider names in your area with your ReCode membership. It's worth a call to find out! Ask if you can have a free or reduced fee 30 min meet and greet with the next attempt before an in depth appointment. Also bear in mind that many of the Bredesen providers are willing to work with you remotely.
Slacker
E4/E4
sfkarl
New User
New User

Post by sfkarl »

I'm working with Dr. Harlan South and am on the Recode protocol (https://www.sfadvancedhealth.com/).
GLS18
Contributor
Contributor

Post by GLS18 »

sfkarl wrote:I'm working with Dr. Harlan South and am on the Recode protocol (https://www.sfadvancedhealth.com/).
Hi sfkarl!

Welcome to the community! Thanks for sharing your practitioner's information. Wishing you all the best on the Recode protocol. If you are interested in providing a review for your practitioner, you may do so here: Practitioner Reviews.

We would love to hear about your health journey on the Recode protocol. If you would like to share your story and/or let us know how you are doing, here is the link: Our Stories

Looking forward to your contributions!
Gina
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
Reversing Cognitive Decline For Coaches Certification Candidate, Fall 2018
"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." - Mahatma Gandhi
mike
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by mike »

bikerman wrote:I signed up for the Bredesen program, and met with an MD today in SF but it seemed that I knew more than him about the RECODE protocol and APOE in general. Does anyone have recommendations for Bredesen trained physicians in SanFrancisoc or Marin?

Much Appreciated!

Bikerman
I'm starting working with someone up in Santa Rosa, if that is not too far. He's the one who introduced me to Bredesen's book, and he says he has been studying the protocol, but I've yet to start working with him on this particular aspect. I've been with him for a couple of years now, working on other issues and seems knowledgeable in general. Here is a link

http://hillparkmedicalcenter.com/practi ... d-chen-md/
Sonoma Mike
4/4
bikerman
Contributor
Contributor

Post by bikerman »

Thanks, I have found a good Bredesen trains doctor in San Rafael, Myrto Ashe
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by slacker »

Glad to hear that you found someone you like better in your area, bikerman.

For future reference (for anyone, not just SF/Marin), in addition to finding Bredesen trained providers through MPI Cognition, take a look at other options here in our "searching for a health care practitioner" wiki entry.
Slacker
E4/E4
JudithPrietht
Contributor
Contributor

Post by JudithPrietht »

sfkarl wrote:I'm working with Dr. Harlan South and am on the Recode protocol (https://www.sfadvancedhealth.com/).
Hello sfkarl! I am new here, and also looking for a Bredesen doctor in SF. Can you tell me any more about your experience with Dr. Harlan South?
Chameleon
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Chameleon »

Hi JudithPrietht,

Welcome to the APOE4 community! I am so glad you can come to this site and get feedback on doctors you may be interested in. There is nothing like a current patient - they can give you insight into the current practice and the doctor's experience level.

I would also recommend exploring the Primer because it contains a ton of information. And I just want to point out you can search the site using the magnifying glass at the top right of the page.

Many members also tell their story in the Our Stories forum so please feel free to share more of your background with us.
I hope this site is helpful in attaining better help.
JudithPrietht
Contributor
Contributor

Post by JudithPrietht »

bikerman wrote:I signed up for the Bredesen program, and met with an MD today in SF but it seemed that I knew more than him about the RECODE protocol and APOE in general. Does anyone have recommendations for Bredesen trained physicians in SanFrancisoc or Marin?

Much Appreciated!

Bikerman

Hello Bikerman: what do you mean when you say you signed up for the Bredesen program? I am also in SF and wish I could find a doctor. My wife is 4/4 (very fresh news) and we are eager to respond. Have you found someone you recommend?