Doctors and gifts from industry

Fellowship for kindred spirits.
Plumster
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Doctors and gifts from industry

Post by Plumster »

Hi all,

Perhaps you are aware of this site already, but it lists how much money a doctor gets from pharmaceutical companies. You can search your own doctor: https://openpaymentsdata.cms.gov/
e3/4 MTHFR C677T/A1298C COMT V158M++ COMT H62H++ MTRR A66G ++ HLA DR
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Re: Doctors and gifts from industry

Post by Julie G »

Very helpful, Plumster. I just posted a link to this article on our facebook page, calling for journalistic integrity in AD reporting. Too many docs, activists, and others have hidden Pharma ties that financially color their pronouncements and recommendations. Exercise, for instance, has been shown to be almost 3 times more effective than Biogen on a good day. Where's the push from mainstream medicine to adopt the lifestyle strategies we know can help? It might be that people are lazy and just want the "magic" pill.

Disclosure :oops: : I have been paid (nominal amount) to sit on a Novartis advisory board to provide insight on patient recruiting for various studies. I encouraged them to build trust with our population in two ways:

-To openly share previous failures, especially those that have harmed patients, of past drugs (in the class for which they are actively recruiting) and to share why they hope for a different outcome in the new trial.

-I also asked them to concurrently make patients aware of the lifestyle strategies that they admit have been proven to be effective.