Re: From Dr. Rammohan "Ram" Rao

Insights and discussion from the cutting edge with reference to journal articles and other research papers.
circular
Contributor
Contributor

Postby circular » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:53 pm

Silver I'm surprised you'd want to hang upside down with the CTD. My "instinct" is that it's too extreme for us , potentially over stretching some spinal and other ligaments? I personally would start at a slight incline and gradually increase while tuning in deeply?
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.

Julie G
Mod
Mod

Postby Julie G » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:29 am

Dr. Ram, can you please offer some insight re. the safety of matcha tea? Until just recently, I've been convinced that it's been a helpful part of my prevention strategy because of the high level of antioxidants and ECGC that it offers. Others here have recently raised concerns about cleanliness, heavy metals, radiation, and manganese toxicity :shock: Now, I'm just plain confused. Can you help us seperate the fact from fiction? What source do you use to avoid the pitfalls above?

Huge thanks for your guidance.

rrao2015
Contributor
Contributor

Postby rrao2015 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:22 pm

Juliegee wrote:Dr. Ram, can you please offer some insight re. the safety of matcha tea? Until just recently, I've been convinced that it's been a helpful part of my prevention strategy because of the high level of antioxidants and ECGC that it offers. Others here have recently raised concerns about cleanliness, heavy metals, radiation, and manganese toxicity :shock: Now, I'm just plain confused. Can you help us seperate the fact from fiction? What source do you use to avoid the pitfalls above?

Huge thanks for your guidance.

Yes, I have seen the craze around Matcha tea!!! I drink regular green tea and yes, the tea bag with its leaves gets thrown out after I drink the contents.

As you may be aware, Matcha teas is green tea where the tea levels are very finely powdered and steeped in water, so when you drink Matcha tea , you are also consuming the leaves.

Green teas have been shown to contain lead, which is absorbed by the plant from the environment, particularly tea grown in China. This is true of organic tea as well.

So when traditional green tea is steeped, about 90% of the lead stays in the leaf, which is discarded. With matcha, since the whole leaf is consumed, you will ingest more lead. So it is recommended not to drink more than one cup of Matcha daily.

Julie G
Mod
Mod

Postby Julie G » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:34 pm

Thank you for clearing this up for us, Dr. Ram :D You've actually convinced me to switch to green tea. Do I really need to worry about manganese toxicity? Also, can you please recommend a "clean" source?

Return to “Science and Research”