healing wrote:Hi Julie:
1. 2nd day and writing to ask where is profile page so I can set up a password.
2. Open to how to heal heart/brain and go on upward trail. What do I need to know exactly brain wise/lifestyle wise to ascend?
3. What oils do APOE4 use for pancakes - flour via Gundry MD Coconut/Almond/Cassava/Plantain/ but yogurts and coconut not advised so wondering what to use for pancakes?
Open to learning madly everything...
You've come to the right place! There is a lot of information available on the apoe4.info website. Let's see if I can help narrow it down to give you a good starting point.
I see NF52 responded to your first question, so I'll jump in at number 2 on how to heal heart/brain. There is a lot of info on this website for you to read that some of the others who've responded to your posts have already provided links to for you. To make my feedback more meaningful to you, I'd love to know more about you. Please feel free to share about yourself on this thread or on the forum thread "Our Stories."
Do you know your apoe4 status? Do you live alone or have a family? When did you first learn about having brain lesions and what course of treatment have you tried? Another really important question to answer is "Why?" Why do you want to heal? I look forward to learning these things and more about you!
Okay, so given what you shared in your first post, here are three areas to start:
1. Exercise, to improve circulation.
2. Social connections and mentally stimulating activity to help exercise your brain.
3. Diet, to provide health fats, fiber, antioxidants (think color!) and create blood sugar balance.Exercise
Do you exercise regularly? Whether it's your heart or your brain, both require healthy blood flow and circulation. Exercise improves circulation and helps bring nutrients and oxygen to the tissues, and cleans up waste products so organs can work better. If you're not exercising, how would you like to start? Do you know someone who could be your exercise buddy?Social connections & mental stimulation
Do you engage in stimulating conversations with people or have activities you enjoy doing that keeps your mind active? Do you enjoy reading or belong to a book club? Do you have a hobby you love to do? Whether it's your brain or your muscles, the saying "use it or lose it" says it all. How are you using your brain?Diet
What do you like to eat? What does your diet look like? Eating to feed your brain, heart and entire cardiovascular system starts with:
- eating a variety of colorful foods in their most whole form gives your body fiber and antioxidants to help maintain bowel regularity (incredibly important for brain function!) and help keep your blood vessels in good shape, allowing blood to flow easily;
- eating fatty fish (salmon, sardines, herring) is one of the best ways to feed your brain and cardiovascular system; and
- limiting processed foods (baked goods, snack chips, foods made in a factory) that contribute to blood sugar imbalances and deplete your body rather that helping it.
How does all this sound to you?
As for your question #4, what oils to use to make pancakes? That depends on your apoe4 status, who you ask, what other ingredients are in your pancake recipe and how often you eat pancakes! Some will say to optimize brain health, eat fish, olive oil, pastured eggs, coconut oil, avocado, nuts and seeds. Others will say limiting your fats from all sources except fish, olives, avocado, nuts and seeds (raw and soaked) is the way to go for brain health. Without knowing more about you and which fats will best serve your health, I'd go with olive oil or MCT oil and make sure you add blueberries to your pancakes too!
I hope this is helpful and look forward to having an ongoing discussion with you.