Welcome!!!

A primer for newbies and old pros alike.
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Welcome!!!

Post by SusanJ »

MargaretE wrote:But sucks it does.
Yep, it does. I'm a 3/4 with a father who died from it, and members of his family having suffered or suffering from the disease. And when I saw my results, I said a few swear words for sure. Not unexpected mind you, given my family history, but it hung over my head for several weeks.

We all have to work through the news at our own pace. Give yourself time to adjust to the knowledge, and hopefully you'll find the support and information that you need to move forward as you spend more time poking around here. Sending some extra hugs for the moments when it really sucks.
tnwahoo2
New User
New User

Post by tnwahoo2 »

Hello, new member here! I am a 61 YO male, 6th generation Tennessean, with one copy of the nasty e4 variant. Both my father and his father had LOAD (and high cholesterol/heart disease) and lived to almost 84. This looks like an awesome project you all have going there, and I am very glad to have found this site. Looking forward to learning a lot more about this gene and how best to manage its potential effects. Best wishes to all for a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
jolicoeur
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jolicoeur »

Hello tnwahoo2
Welcome to the forum Tennessean! Yes it's a great site!
This is a great place to be where you can get lots of information and support. One of the best places to start is the primer. Here's the link: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1418
In addition to the forum, The End of Alzheimer's book came out. It's by Dr Dale Bredesen - a leading pioneer in the field. It is written for lay people and easy to understand.
There are many experienced members in this community who have a wealth of knowledge and experience. Please reach out and post your questions. We are all here to share and support.
Welcome again
Most warmly
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach (FMCHC)
FMCA /Bredesen's ReCODE for coaches
AFMCP (IFM November 2017)
MargaretE
Contributor
Contributor

Post by MargaretE »

Thank you for support.
Rockalbert
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Rockalbert »

Hi everyone, I'm new here....this looks useful and interesting.
DorsalgiaHyperthymesiaPiercing
Last edited by Rockalbert on Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
CarrieS
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CarrieS »

Hello Rockalbert and Welcome to the Forum!
This is a diverse community where you can ask questions, post information and use as a great resource for information and emotional support. If you haven't found it already, may I direct you to our Primer written by a physician member as a starting point. You can find it under the "Getting Started" tab and then click on An introduction to ApoE4, biochemistry, and possible prevention strategies. Here is the link to get there quickly: Primer. This post is another good read on a few areas to concentrate on as you figure out what works best for you and your body: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=557

To find specific topic information, you can click on the 3 vertical dots to the right of your name to find a Search function to plug in topics of interest and find what has been discussed to date.

I look forward to learning more about you and the journey that has brought you to this Forum.
APOe4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Certificate for Reversing Cognitive Decline for Coaches (FMCA)
Certified Fermentationist
Rockalbert
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Rockalbert »

Last edited by Rockalbert on Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Re: RE: Re: Welcome!!!

Post by Stavia »

Rockalbert wrote:sure...
hi Rockalbert
The meaning of your response to Carrie's welcome to our community is unclear.
Her welcome is our usual one to new members. Your answer is unusual.
Would you like to explain?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
BESmith
New User
New User

Post by BESmith »

Got my 23&Me report today and discovered I have the e3/e4 combination. I'm a 53 y/o male (currently in TN...native TX). We just returned from spending time with my in-laws. My father-in-law has recently (this past year) shown signs of LOAD. So, the news that I have the e4 allele is a bit disconcerting.

I'm looking forward to learning more. While I'm new to this site, I already appreciate knowing a support group such as this exists!

Thanks for your work!
jolicoeur
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jolicoeur »

Welcome BESmith
And welcome to this forum. If you have not yet, I invite you to read our PRIMER:
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1418

The primer has been written by Dr. Stavia, a member of our community, and it talks about science, prevention, lifestyle modifications. I hope you will find it useful, and if any questions arise while reading it, please ask away.

There are many very experienced, and knowledgeable members in our community. Posts are endless wealth of great information so please browse around the site, and If you get stuck, or need support on anything please let us know.
Sincerely
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach (FMCHC)
FMCA /Bredesen's ReCODE for coaches
AFMCP (IFM November 2017)