Convenience foods

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Convenience foods

Post by floramaria »

betterallthetime wrote:This may sound strange, but I buy organic baby food. It comes in nice small containers, easy to fit in your purse, and it doesn't have added ingredients.
What a great idea. I had never even considered baby food!
Thank you!
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
SandyK
Contributor
Contributor

Post by SandyK »

Regarding convenience foods, if possible try to prep and clean veggies, (ie.carrots, celery, snap peas) and put in individual zip lock bags so you can take them with you easily. Also nuts are a great snack on the run. I take these with me when I travel.
Orangeblossom
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Orangeblossom »

Something which is low carb, low cal and a good easy alternative for noodles and rice is konjac noodles. These are sold as 'zero noodles' here in the OK. I use them quite often.

I freeze double portions of foods and keep in the freezer for reheating, in the ziplock bags, to have something ready.
Sara
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Sara »

Wow Jan! That's a cool idea. I read somewhere that Dr. Gundry (Plant Paradox) recommends certain Quest Bars and I will occasionally purchase Bulletproof Bars. They are made with Brain Octane and other natural ingredients.
Certified ReCODE 2.0 Brain Health Coach, MOCA Certified
MBA, Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach, National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Brain Health Professional - Amen University
Surviving loved one who transitioned with AD
dingter
Contributor
Contributor

Post by dingter »

Raw nut butter with unsweetened cocoa. Stick some balls in the freezer and pull one out when you need a snack!