finding a functional medicine practitioner in Chicago

A primer for newbies and old pros alike.
cadaustin
New User
New User

finding a functional medicine practitioner in Chicago

Post by cadaustin »

How do I find a physician who follows the protocol of Dr. Bredesen and other experts? I am in the north suburbs of Chicago and need to find a functional medical MD who can guide me through this. I haven't even started to make changes but am very anxious to get started.
Jan
Contributor
Contributor

Re: finding a functional medicine practitioner in Chicago

Post by Jan »

Welcome, cadaustin. MPI's website is https://www.drbredesen.com/ . Email is info@drbredesen.com and phone (800) 450-0805 .

As you are at the beginning of your journey, it's a perfect time to read our site Primer: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1418 It was written by our physician member Stavia, and is very helpful with explanations and advice that will undoubtedly answer many of your current questions.

If you want to research a particular topic or issue, the three stacked squares at the top right of the page get you to the search engine for the site. And we'd love to hear more about you in the Our Stories forum: viewforum.php?f=2

Feel free to post any questions with which we could help. Knowledge goes a long way to ease anxiety, and you are among friends here.
mrc cfnc fmchc
IFM/Bredesen Reversing Cognitive Decline training 2017
E2/E2
What is, is. What is, can be changed.
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JML »

Hi cadaustin,

I understand that you are anxious to get started. That energy will serve you well on this journey, and hopefully you can connect with a FM practitioner soon. There are a lot of changes that you can start making on your own, and as Jan mentioned, the Primer is a great place to start. You don't have to do everything and make changes in all areas at once. Find an area that resonates with you and begin there.

We are glad you have found the forum. Let the group know what questions you have as you get started.
Julie
Daughter of 4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board-Certified Health & Wellness Coach
ReCODE 2.0 Certified Health Coach
NancyM
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by NancyM »

Hi Cadaustin,

I see Dr. Theri Raby at the Raby Institute for Integrative Medicine at 500 N. Michigan Avenue in Chicago and I highly recommend her. Although she is not Bredesen trained, she is very knowledgeable about issues faced by E4 carriers and my health has improved significantly since I started seeing her almost 3 years ago. I just posted a more detailed review under the Practitioner Reviews board. Hope this helps!